About the Team
The Finance & Strategy team accelerates the growth of our business by evaluating and implementing new opportunities and solutions. We partner with teams across the company to improve the profitability, scalability and defensibility of our business model. We're looking for people who can model the future and to help carry projects from conception through execution.
About the Role
You will join a growing team whose objective is to help accelerate our Strategic Finance team focused on Corporate Development and Business Development. You will evaluate inorganic opportunities and partner closely with our Corporate and Business Development teams. You wIll help establish and lead some of the most impactful programs we undertake as a company. On a typical day, you may extract insights from data, build financial models for potential acquisitions and partnerships, and present findings to senior management.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Evaluate large, strategic potential M&A targets as well as smaller opportunistic deals
- Evaluate and structure strategic partnerships with companies to accelerate our businesses
- Conduct financial diligence on target companies
- Participate in integration planning and conduct financial integration on acquired companies
- Monitor and evaluate portfolio investments against plans and communicate performance with senior management
- Gain an understanding of how a growth business operates at scale
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 3+ years of strategic finance, corporate finance or investment banking experience at a high-growth technology startup or well-established company
- You have a passion to understand data and communicate insights
- You have the ability to take complex financial data and translate it into digestible financial models and analyses, used to make strategic recommendations and investment decisions
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.