About the Team
The Communications team tells the story of how DoorDash empowers local economies by connecting customers to the best of their communities. The team works with a variety of partners, touching every corner of the organization. Creativity coupled with a great team culture, are what makes this group dynamic.
You will be a part of DoorDash's Communication + Policy team, which supports our strategy, enhances our long-term relationships with our core audiences of Dashers, Merchants, Consumers, and shareholders, inspires our candidates, and brings our mission to life. This is a unique opportunity to help build our brand globally from the ground up and be a part of a company changing how local economies succeed. Join us in our global mission to empower and grow local economies.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Senior Manager, Communications focused on Product and Innovations to shape our communications strategy driving affinity and awareness for our platform's product innovations and multi-category expansion in new products beyond restaurants, including grocery, convenience and alcohol. You will partner with cross-functional stakeholders across the company and our partners. You are a fit for this role if you have expertise in partner and product communications, narrative building and experience managing complex partners.
You will report into Director of Product and Innovation Communications on our Consumer, Merchant, Product & Innovation Communications team in our larger Policy & Communications organization.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Work closely with the Communications team, and the Product Marketing, New Verticals leaders, Strategic Partnerships and Product teams, to help communicate our product and innovation story to promote essential results and ensure it resonates well with target audiences, including business, tech, trade and consumer media publications.
- Develop creative campaigns for new markets and product announcements to demonstrate our leadership in innovation and strategic approach to building products that empower local economies.
- Create B2B and B2C communications strategies including launch plans, press releases, pitches, blog posts, media recaps, and media lists, to support a wide array of company news, from seasonal product campaigns to new product launches to important business partnerships in new markets.
- Identify and support evergreen thought leadership opportunities for senior leaders in new business markets to raise corporate profiles.
- Track communications projects in motion and maintain up-to-date status in a fast-moving business environment.
- Identify new topics and trends in the last-mile logistics and on-demand delivery space.
- Work effectively with partners to maintain high accountability, transparency and relationship management.
- develop media relationships with a diverse set of reporters and help manage day-to-day media requests.
We're excited about you because…
- You have 8+ years of experience building and scaling communications programs, working with a diverse set of media outlets
- You understand how to lead a successful product or partner communications strategy
- You have experience leading cross-functional teams and hiring and working with external agencies.
- You excel at making room at the table and creating positive and collaborative environments for internal and external teammates
- You have experience managing crisis communications programs and proactively guiding the business to a resolution
- You excel working in fast-paced, fluid and challenging environments
- You've demonstrated senior leadership executing strategic communications plans in a complex organization with varied priorities
- You are comfortable advising senior leadership and executives
- You have excellent people and project management skills, with the ability to lead and manage multiple time-sensitive projects under tight deadlines
- You take your work, but not yourself, seriously—and maintain a good sense of humor about both
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day. We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall wellbeing by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.