About the Team About the Role
DoorDash is building a best in class Brand team in Canada. We are a team of diverse, eclectic talent that inspires and creates. We take risks, challenge each other, and inspire new ways of thinking. We're here to create pivotal work that we, our partners, and the entire DoorDash community can be immensely proud of. We're here to do the best work of our lives.
DoorDash’s mission is to grow and empower local economies. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash connects people with the local businesses they care about — helping grow businesses and the communities that support those businesses.
To further this mission, we’re looking for someone to build and lead our B2B Marketing team. Today, hundreds of thousands of local merchants rely on DoorDash to help them grow their customer base and their businesses; but there are still millions more that could benefit from being connected to the convenience economy - by being enabled to bring their products and services wherever and whenever customers want them.
About the Role
As a part of team Canada and reporting into the Sr. Manager Brand, you will define the overall B2B Marketing strategy; creating and executing integrated marketing plans to acquire, retain and grow our merchant base; and most fundamentally, helping merchants grow their business. The ideal candidate will be a proven marketing leader and builder - skilled at everything from hiring and motivating teams; defining the strategy and playbook; to helping craft our economic impact story. Effortless cross-functional collaboration is a must, as this role will collaborate with several functions across the business - including Strategy & Operations, Sales, Merchant Teams, and Growth Marketing. Most of all, we’re looking for someone who’s passionate about local merchants and feels a responsibility to help them excel in an evolving business and technological environment.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Define the Canadian B2B Marketing Strategy that establishes DoorDash as the merchant preferred delivery partner in Canada
- Develop and execute Marketing Plans that serve the merchant audience
- Foster a high-performance team culture that encourages creativity; and testing, learning, and iterating fast
- Help merchants grow their businesses
- Create the narrative to communicate with our Merchant partners at both the local and enterprise level
We’re excited about you because…
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of B2B Marketing experience with managing a large budget, ideally within a major household brand
- Experience building functions from the ground up
- Track record of breakthrough newsworthy campaigns, creativity, and innovative thinking
- Track record of driving business success through Marketing
- Fluency across the marketing mix - both in brand-building and direct response
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, dependable, self-motivated & ability to multi-task
- Strategic and business-minded - you find trends in the data and look for the “so what”
- Creative and collaborative - you love working with a team and solving challenging problems
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave, and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.