About the Team
DoorDash is in search of an experienced leader to take the IT organization to the next level as we continue to rapidly scale our business. This role will oversee the Global Service Desk, Network Engineering, Audio Visual, Client Engineering Services, and Corporate Infrastructure. You will partner closely with the Information Security and Enterprise Technology teams to scale our IT operations, define our roadmap and increase operational efficiencies.
About the Role
This role reports to the Chief Information Security Officer. The ideal candidate will bring a strong technical background in corporate technology, adaptability in a fast-paced environment, and excellent communication and collaboration skills. DoorDash leaders are able to successfully balance delivery and execution while fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment by using DoorDash values as guideposts.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Create a vision: Define the short term and long term goals aligned with the company's strategic plans and establish your own success metrics.
- Establish partnerships: Foster strong relationships with the cross-functional teams in Enterprise Technology, HR, Finance, Security, Engineering and others to execute on key initiatives.
- Scale a high-functioning team: Recruit, hire and retain top talent to continue building the team to meet the growing business needs in the US and abroad.
- Deliver results: We love our data here! You will demonstrate progress over perfection using data to find opportunities for service delivery improvement.
- Make an impact: Lead teams driven by solving problems that make each day better for our global community of employees, dashers, merchants and customers.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 10+ years of experience participating in and leading corporate IT teams, demonstrating growing responsibility over time.
- You have extensive experience with a modern SaaS tech stack (e.g., Google Workspaces, Zoom, Slack, Atlassian products, ServiceNow, and Okta), and at least some experience with cloud environments (e.g., AWS, GCP, or Azure).
- You have exceptional leadership skills and know how to mentor and motivate a distributed team. You have also expanded and evolved a team to scale with the business.
- You are comfortable taking action in the face of ambiguity.
- You exhibit decision making maturity by assessing multiple factors to determine priority and by understanding when incoming requests require urgency or compromise.
- You can navigate processes required to obtain funding, set forecasts, and procure assets, software, and services.
- You have a deep understanding of identity and access management, security best practices, and a solid understanding of SOC2, SOX, and PCI compliance requirements.
- You have streamlined and automated processes using data to identify the improvement opportunities to prioritize.
- You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves when needed and believe that collaboration and a “one team” approach is the key to solving problems.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and constantly evolving, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.