About the Team
DoorDash’s mission is to grow and empower local economies. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash connects people with the local businesses they care about — helping grow businesses and the communities that support those businesses. At DoorDash, there are three audiences that are at the core of every decision we make - our Consumers, Merchants, and Dashers. The Research team has a direct link to uncover the unmet needs and pain points of each of these audiences. We bring their voices into the business in order to help set the strategic vision for all of DoorDash’s current and future products. The goal of the Research Operations team is to level up and scale the entire research practice at DoorDash.
About the Role
As the UX Research Ops Lead, you will join a small but growing insights function at a unique inflection point. Our team, our influence, our company, and our ambitions are all rapidly building. This role will establish and expand research operations at DoorDash. You will work closely with the research team, legal, Design ops, procurement, external vendors, localization, and other teams to help enable the research that makes DoorDash the best possible experience for all three of our audiences — Dashers, Merchants and Customers.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you…
- Will facilitate the success of research that will inform the strategic direction of multiple product lines used by millions of people around the world
- Will plan, develop, and optimize multiple complex processes that support research
- Oversee research participant experience including screening, scheduling, logistics and incentives
- Are ready to roll up your sleeves in the face of ambiguity
- Love building relationships with researchers and research participants all over the world
- Thrive on the challenge, speed, and endless opportunities of a start-up
We’re excited about you because you…
- Have 5+ years of progressively impactful experience, managing projects and operational programs for UX research
- Have experience laying the foundation for and scaling an in-house research operations practice
- Can readily Identify processes, tools, and/or documentation that improve the operations of a UX Research Team such as Qualtrics, UserTesting, dscout, and research participant providers
- Have experience building relationships with and managing a wide range of research vendor contracts in partnership with procurement, legal and security & privacy including CCPA and GDPR compliance
- Act as an advisor in partnership with the research team, providing solutions for research projects from multiple partners around the business
- You are an expert in project management software, spreadsheets, and GDocs
- Have experience growing a knowledge management database
- Have exceptional communication skills
- Are curious, humble, optimistic, and enthusiastic
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash Design blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.