Please note that our recruiting process is currently entirely over phone and Zoom
About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to help grow our Australian business! This is a rare opportunity for people who are excited about joining a startup and building something great! We're looking for hustle, smarts, and deep market knowledge to help us to best serve our consumers, Dashers, and merchants. Join our never-ending pursuit to better power economies in Australia and across the globe.
About the Role
Strategy & Operations Managers oversee the strategic development of our business. In a typical day, you might lead a new initiative, run and refine experiments to improve company growth, dive into data to explain market performance at the lowest level of detail, build tools that allow teams to grow their work, and make sure we never stop achieving.
Our best Strategy & Operations Managers are motivated and data-driven.. They're generalists who are willing to get hands-on to make the business successful.
What you'll do…
- Strategise - Improve and work on unique strategies across our three-sided marketplace
- Engage – Implement scalable initiatives and best practices to provide a world-class operation
- Experiment – Use data to run tests on everything from delivery times to the selection of merchants on the platform
- Analyse – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of various programs and experiments
- Influence – Partner with many teams like; Operations, Product, Engineering, Analytics, Sales, etc. to create strategic plans and harness opportunities
We're excited about you because you'll have…
- 5+ years' experience in consulting, strategy, tech or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a bonus
- You can translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- You can own outcomes and make an impact on our most critical growth and profitability metrics
- Entrepreneurialism – You want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- Generalist – You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- Influencing and motivational skills from working with people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- Track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Advanced Excel skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and familiarity with SQL
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of "Delivering Good"
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favourite local and national businesses in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to thrive.