Please note that our recruiting process is currently entirely over phone and Zoom
About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to help grow our Australian business! This is a rare opportunity for people who are excited about joining a startup and building something great! We're looking for hustle, smarts, and deep market knowledge to help us to best serve our consumers, Dashers (drivers), and merchants. Join our never-ending pursuit to better power economies in Australia and across the globe.
About the Role
Strategy & Operations Managers oversee the strategic development of our business. On a typical day, you might lead a new initiative, run and refine experiments to improve company growth, dive into data to explain market performance at the lowest level of detail, build tools that allow teams to grow their work, and make sure we never stop achieving.
Our best Strategy & Operations Managers are motivated and data-driven. They're generalists who are willing to get hands-on to make the business successful.
You’re excited about this role because you will…
- Driver Experience: Manage the end-to-end experience, with a focus on identifying pain points, building models to analyse opportunities, using data to run experiments, and working cross-functionally to drive implementation of solutions that measurably improve the satisfaction of Dashers and enable them to more efficiently complete deliveries
- Driver Engagement: Own the communications strategy for Dashers across all channels, and coordinate forums for support, outreach, training and feedback
- External Engagement: Manage and deepen partnerships with external bodies (regulators and industry) to ensure we have a seat at the table in shaping public policy decisions that impact the Dasher fleet
- Fleet Strategy: Build a segmentation profile of the existing Dasher fleet through research and behavioural analysis, understand future logistics needs from the business, and partner with cross-functional teams to develop strategies and tactics for evolving the fleet to meet these needs
We're excited about you because you'll have…
- 5+ years' experience in consulting, strategy, tech or related experience in customer experience and frontline workforce management; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a bonus
- Strategic Thinking: Demonstrated ability to map out and maintain a high-level view of the Dasher end-to-end experience and take an analytical approach in drilling down to individual interactions and workflows to identify improvement opportunities with greatest pay-off. You can translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- Frontline Engagement: Experience working with and managing frontline workforces and adept at navigating highly ambiguous operational scenarios (e.g. safety incidents)
- Analytics/Testing: Demonstrated ability to leverage analytics and work with complex datasets to understand performance, optimise experience, drive decision-making, and measure outcomes. Advanced Excel skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and familiarity with SQL
- Ownership and Communication: Strong ability to work ambiguously, build relationships, craft partnership agreements, strategically communicate out to all stakeholders both internal and external
- Entrepreneurialism: You want to shape the vision and direction of the company
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall wellbeing by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.