We’re looking for a Strategic Leader to influence and guide a team of Strategic Partner Managers to achieve our goals of developing, managing and growing the merchant side of the DoorDash marketplace business.
As a member of our Australian team, you will be responsible for executing our strategic advantage: winning, maintaining and growing the best merchants in each city. As a Manager, you will be responsible for managing a team to improve the way we interact, retain and build relationships with our partners. You will report to the Senior Manager, Merchant partnerships in your region.
What you’ll do
- Lead – Manage a team of Strategic Partner Managers and Merchant Operations Associates that work to grow merchants relationships with our key accounts across the Region.
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Merchant Operations, Product, Marketing and Sales teams to improve the merchant experience and achieve market revenue goals
- Strategise – Work with our Merchant Operations team to devise and execute the overall operational strategy for “winning with the merchant”
- Business Development – Generate new business and strategic investment opportunities by being the local liaison for new products to roll out in Australia. This includes everything from Drive to DoorDash For Business
- Analyse – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of merchant acquisition, engagement, and retention programs and experiments. Forecast and evaluate OKR achievement for our book of business.
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from in-store marketing to launching new verticals
- Natural leader – You pride yourself on your ability to lead and motivate a team. Coaching others and seeing them achieve their goals gives you energy.
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions. You can manage a geographically distributed team and remotely liaise with central functions.
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans. You enjoy solving problems through collaboration with others.
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve
- 4+ years of experience in consulting / strategy / business development / sales / operations / technology / analytics or related experience
- 3 years of management experience
- Experience in a client facing or account management role
- High EQ and natural interpersonal skills. A connector and expert communicator who will ‘close the distance’ between the regional office and rest of DoorDash
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, working cross-functionally to achieve goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Strong project management skills and ability to run multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with restaurant industry, small and medium businesses and/or tech preferred
- High-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash...
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.