About the Team
It's an exciting time to join our growing Accounting team with ample development opportunities. We're looking for a Global Payroll Manager to strengthen our payroll operations while keeping pace within one of the fastest-growing marketplace companies.
About the Role
We're looking for a Global Payroll Manager with outstanding auditing skills, payroll process combined with payroll system knowledge, and people management experience. You will report to the Senior Payroll Manager and serve as an important contributor, while strengthening your understanding of both operational and technical payroll processes.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Define the vision for our payroll function to enhance automation and scalability while ensuring accurate, secured, and compliant payroll processing
- Participate in implementing new or modified regional and global core pay related processes to meet long-term employee needs.
- Analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
- Help with new market set up and ensure payroll in compliance with country specific laws and regulations
- Manage the global process of stock transactions, in-pat and expat payroll tax inquiries for the global mobility team
- Maintain payroll team by participating in recruiting and training employees
- Perform audits on data integrity between Workday and payroll system, maintenance, including new hire set up, tax forms processing, local taxes, timekeeping input, direct deposit set up, benefits set up, terminations, and garnishments processing
- Manage relationships with external Payroll vendors, HRIS, and other benefit providers
- Learn the processes, technology, capabilities and develop working knowledge for end-to-end pay life cycle view, related employee experience and data analysis
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.