About the team:
The Storefront team is growing DoorDash’s first B2B SaaS business. Storefront powers our merchants’ e-commerce businesses and enables them to offer order pickup and delivery experiences to customers via their own websites. Think about Storefront as “Shopify for restaurants”. Storefront is at its very early stages of growth and our aim is to be the #1 online ordering solution for merchants across the US and globally.
The Storefront Merchant Adoption & Retention team focuses on two sides of the merchant journey: adoption and retention. The team is currently structured to ensure that merchants from all sizes adopt our product and are set up for success from day one. We also focus on strategies to retain merchants and all initiatives tested are key in the product <> operations <> sales feedback loop.
About the Role:
This individual is responsible for supporting Storefront merchants, including managing the Storefront onboarding process, resolving issues, and promoting growth. This individual will have a deep understanding of the Storefront product; both how to onboard merchants to the platform, how to troubleshoot and how to help merchants optimize their Storefront. These qualities are critical to ensure merchants have a positive experience with the product and the Storefront Associate is able to drive satisfaction and set merchants up for long term success. This person will also work alongside Account Management teams and share reporting on how merchants are performing on Storefront.
What you’ll do:
- Provide support for p0 Storefront merchants onboarding onto the Storefront product, and working closely with Merchant teams during the process
- Provide support and account management for top tier merchants
- Possibility to oversee a team who will assist in p0 launches
- Develop Account Management playbook and KBs, triage tasks when possible to DoorDash merchant services teams
- Support merchant tests to improve the onboarding experience
- Assist in implementing onboarding/growth experiments across cross-functional teams
You’re excited about this opportunity because you…
You are excited about being an operator in one of DoorDash’s fastest growing businesses and thrive in fast paced environments. You always believe there’s a better way and never settle for mediocrity.
- You’re a problem solver. You like being presented with a problem and coming up with a strategic and tactical plan in innovative ways—and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team. No job is beneath you.
- You’re versatile. You embrace variety and are comfortable developing sales content, reviewing product plans, analyzing financial results, and directing an implementation.
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments.
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL or modeling in Excel.
- You’re an owner. You want to own the outcome and make an impact on our most critical growth and profitability metrics.
- You’re entrepreneurial. You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company.
- You’re customer-obsessed. You approach problems with a first-principles perspective and inform strategy by getting close to the user.
- You’re gritty. You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful.
- 3+ years in account management / business development / operations
- You have proficiency in analytics and visualization tools, and experience creating data/reporting (e.g., Chartio, Mode, or Tableau), SQL, Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)/Sheets.
- Bachelor's degree
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.