FRONT OF HOUSE, NEW YORK CITY - full-time evening and weekend hours.
BENEFITS STARTING DAY ONE!
What we’re doing
DoorDash is building innovative kitchen formats that cater to the on-demand economy. These are kitchens tailored to off-premise (delivery, catering, pick-up, etc) with a minimum storefront. Our goal is to create the future of food delivery with a faster service and higher quality.
Who you are
You have experience in one of these industries: food and beverage, hospitality, or logistics/fulfillment in front-of-the house or administrative/facilities roles. You have a passion for customer service and are ready for a new challenge: to reinvent the kitchen for the modern age! You always believe there’s a better way and never settle for mediocre service or product. You are humble and professional.
Broad job description
You will help manage the day-to-day operations of a shared-use, commercial kitchen housing multiple restaurant operators, ensuring that food orders are quickly going out to our delivery drivers with 100% accuracy and delivering great customer experiences. You will support our restaurant operators, upkeep the facility, and maintain food safety compliance at all times. This position reports directly to the Operations Supervisor..
- Opening & closing of the facility
- Receive supplier deliveries and manage inventory
- Personally clean and organize shared spaces daily including pick-up area, office, bathrooms and breakroom
- Provide basic maintenance and repairs to facility needed to continue operations
- Onboard new merchants and employees by conducting bi-weekly orientations
- Work with DoorDash Support agents to provide technical assistance to merchants (IT, phones, tablets, kitchen equipment, etc.)
- Standard operating procedures compliance & monitoring
- Ensure safe food handling procedures
- Manage the shared storage areas of the facility
- Assist merchants with expediting completed orders to pick up area and to Dashers
- Responsible for fulfilling all ice cream orders and maintaining associated prep area
- Responsible for executing occasional DoorDash Kitchen tests of products and services
Required experience and skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management, other associates, hourly employees and dashers while making decisions quickly and delegating responsibilities accordingly.
- Basic skills to make emergency repairs and conduct maintenance on the facility with basic tools provided.
- Strong organizational skills to function effectively under time constraints with particular attention to detail and quality of service.
- You are at least 18 years of age or older.
Nice to haves
- At least 1 year of previous experience in the food and beverage industry.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, G Suite, Salesforce and Point-of-Sale Software.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish or Portuguese.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be comfortable working in a commercial kitchen
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time, able to lift up to 50 lbs and able to participate in all service aspects and training
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.