About the Role
DoorDash is looking for an accomplished attorney with deep experience in commercial dispute resolution to join our growing legal team. The Litigation Counsel will handle a broad portfolio of risk management issues. You are execution oriented, enthusiastic, and a team player.
Reporting to Director, Litigation
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Manage a broad portfolio of litigation and pre-litigation matters in multiple practice areas and in all jurisdictions in which DoorDash operates
- Take a hands-on approach to all facets of litigation, including responding to subpoenas and discovery requests, drafting and revising legal briefs, interviewing witnesses, preparing witnesses for testimony, and negotiating and drafting settlements.
- Manage all aspects of outside counsel relationships, including staffing, litigation strategy, work product, and budgets.
- Advise collaborators to address and resolve potential disputes to support our goals.
- Create scalable processes to help support a growing business.
We're excited about you because…
- You have a J.D.
- 4+ years of broad litigation experience at a law firm or in-house, handling complex commercial litigation, including class action litigation, alternative dispute resolution and pre-litigation disputes.
- Familiar with e-discovery issues, including document retention procedures; collection, review, and production of documents; and third-party subpoena compliance.
- Create legal solutions in novel ways, provide practical advice and balance risks and business reward.
You get bonus points for...
- Prior in-house experience at a technology or sharing economy company.
- Experience with antitrust law, employment law, intellectual property or consumer class actions.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
We're committed to support employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also aim to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.