About the Team
Our Merchant Services team lies at the heart and soul of DoorDash, ensuring that we set all of our merchants up for success by providing a seamless onboarding, menu, and photo experience. As DoorDash grows both in scale and scope of offering, the strength of our merchant services engine must grow with it.
About the Role
As a Manager of Merchant Services, reporting to the Sr. Manager, you'll lead the team responsible for our end-to-end merchant onboarding and activations experience. You will lead complex projects across the Merchant organization, working with our Sales, Product, and Strategy & Operations teams. You will help guide and implement strategies to enhance the onboarding experience for our merchants, work on our most challenging problems, and you'll set goals to track the success of the team. This role is for someone who loves leading a team, obsesses about operational details, and cares about the merchant journey from end-to-end.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead an excellent merchant onboarding & activations team, ensuring a high-quality activation experience for our merchants. Use data to iterate and improve the experience.
- Build trust with team members, be an onboarding subject matter specialist (Expert), and a strategic partner for the Merchant Operations leadership team.
- Lead high priority projects. Be resilient and adaptable in a fast and ever-changing environment.
- Advocate for your team and act as the voice of the DoorDash merchants; use your experience working with your team, merchants, and vendors to establish our roadmap. Use your voice to manage partner expectations and offer alternative solutions.
- Turn merchant data into meaningful product, support, and operational improvements by creating compelling business cases; use your excellent partner management skills to get support.
- Deploy a team of experienced managers and associates to where they're most needed.
We're excited about you because…
- You have 4+ years of experience in technology, business operations, and customer experience/support
- You have 2+ years building complex and collaborative teams
- You have a 4-year degree in business, economics, computer science, or other relevant area
- You identify scalable solutions across the business
- You enjoy working with data, and aim to dive to the lowest level of detail to understand and solve new problems
- You take quick actions to achieve our goals
- You have experience leading people, directly and indirectly, to a common, shared goal
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day. We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.