About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to help build our Canadian white-label delivery business. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who loves to move quickly and is passionate about building something great. Join us on our never-ending pursuit to be the easiest way to deliver anything in Canada!
About the Role
DoorDash Drive is looking for a Strategy and Operations Manager to architect the operational strategy for our white label delivery business. You will build and own our non-restaurant business across Canada, ensuring world class service levels with DoorDash's biggest strategic partners.
You will be directly responsible for the success of our non-restaurant business segment's operational and financial metrics. We believe we are at the very beginning of our journey in this market and that there is unlimited market potential that is still untapped. You will identify strategies to succeed and work with cross-functional teams for successful execution. You will take point designing and deploying experiments to grow top-line volume, improve delivery quality, and optimize unit economics.
You will report into the Canada Market Management team, led by the GM of Canada.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize – Design and execute the operational strategy to win the same day delivery market
- Influence – Work with our Operations, Product, Engineering, Business Operations, Sales, Account Management, and BD teams to grow our business
- Oversee the Market – You will hit top line volume and profitability goals for your market segment. You diagnose and address problems quickly, have foresight into potential issues and lead your team in hitting goals at 110%
- Analyze – Build analyses to understand the segment's strengths and weaknesses, competitive pressures and opportunity areas
- Experiment – Use a data-driven approach and regional knowledge to identify improvement opportunities, run tests, and make our business 1% better everyday
We're excited about you because…
- You are naturally curious – You have a talent for managing complex projects, driving high-level goals into actionable plans, and enjoy getting to the root cause of unique problems
- You are an elastic thinker – You can operate at both the 10,000 foot level and at the 10 inch level.
- You are a generalist – You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- You have 5+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience
- You have experience leading projects, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- You have Excel (can perform complex functions and modeling) and SQL knowledge
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash...
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
- We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employee happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave, and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.