About the Role
We're looking for an experienced Marketing Director to lead the development and execution of highly engaging, innovative marketing partnerships that fuel our growth and make DoorDash a part of culture.
In this role, you’ll report to the Director of Partner Marketing to leverage national sports and entertainment sponsorships in the US to create integrated marketing programs and campaigns to deliver on our business goals. These programs will accelerate acquisition, activation and loyalty across all DoorDash audiences (Consumer, Merchant and Dasher). This is a truly unique opportunity to help define and shape a fast-growing, global consumer brand with the mission of “delivering good by connecting people and possibility”.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Guide the full life-cycle of partnership development from exploring partner opportunities, through deal structure, and activation.
- Work with cross-functional partners including brand, finance, media, analytics, marketing, procurement to define and measure partnership success and KPIs
- Oversee agencies to support partnership vetting, strategy and activation
- Own and nurture marketing relationships with key sports and entertainment properties
- Develop quarterly co-marketing strategies and plans with key partners and lead through influence to establish buy-in from internal and external stakeholders
- Use a data-first approach to optimize campaigns against our goals, improve profitability, and drive results
- Lead a team of 3-4 top marketers in managing and activating existing partnership portfolios, including NBA and NASCAR.
- 10-15% post covid travel
We’re excited about you because…
- You are a subject matter expert when it comes to the sports and/or entertainment industry
- You are an amazing marketer - you can create strategies and plans based on consumer insights; analyze results, and create innovative, newsworthy campaigns
- You have deep industry relationships in the sports and entertainment industries
- You have the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members within the company
- You are comfortable with creativity, and analytics - you can brainstorm campaigns idea, and do the analytical work to prove their efficacy
- You have a strong creative mind and attention detail
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; MBA a plus
- 12+ years experience in marketing sports or entertainment partnerships
- 5+ years experience in marketing at a consumer brand, tech company or agency
- Demonstrable success establishing and achieving business goals
- Thrive in a self-starter, fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong writing and communication skills
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.