About the Role
As the Head of Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting, you will be building a team for one of the fastest growing companies. You will undertake organizationally strategic and complex accounting assessments in a challenging environment and provide significant input to the design and delivery of ongoing quality initiatives. You will represent the accounting department in accomplishing its mission of providing value-add to DoorDash, creating partnerships with all levels of management, establishing a high level of integrity for reporting and providing practical guardrails in designing and implementing accounting policies for the Company.
This position is a key financial leader for DoorDash's commitment to quality over financial reporting. This leader will report to the Chief Accounting Officer and will work closely with other department leadership members and business process owners to create effective and practical solutions for our challenges.
This leader will be responsible for continually improving existing processes and procedures to support DoorDash's operations in the areas of governance, project management, knowledge management and transfer, and change management, with respect to our existing accounting policies and controls over financial reporting. You will also participate in the communications of key control issues and assist in the preparation of updates and messaging to the SOX Steering Committee, Audit Committee, and Finance leadership on a regular basis. The role will initiate and maintain contact with the key local and regional process owners/leaders (including members of Finance, Legal, HR, Global Risk Compliance, business units, and IT), external auditors, and other internal and external parties, as necessary.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Actively lead all accounting assessments, development of accounting policies, and implementation of accounting processes to ensure the integrity of the financial statements.
- Active participation in overall internal audit program management (risk assessments, scoping, etc.) using qualitative and quantitative data and methods.
- Collaborates with local and regional business leadership team members and process owners to ensure accounting policies adoption in their regions and organizations. Provide meaningful and value-added recommendations and improvement opportunities that provides clarity and drives positive change as well as action from management
- Leader in the development, execution and continual evolution of effectiveness of the SOX program strategy.
- Leader of the SOX program execution and ensuring ability to conclude on the effectiveness of DoorDash's internal controls over financial reporting (financial controls and IT general controls) annually.
- Lead role in ensuring compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Rule requirements.
- Lead technical representative among the accounting team, the SOX program team and external auditors.
- Lead representative and liaison with accounting team members in developing/coordinating required resources for the annual integrated SOX assessment plan.
- Active participation in advanced methodologies and practices for increased efficiencies of SOX core assessment activities.
- Participates in advancing a highly effective communication strategy to ensure clear understanding of accounting policies and maximum alignment with global SOX vision
We’re excited about you because…
- CPA or Chartered Financial Accountant highly desirable;
- At least 10 years of public accounting experience and 5 years of industry experience
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS, and PCAOB Audit standards/requirements, COSO internal control framework, and other regulatory requirements
- Working knowledge and understanding of IT general controls, application controls and how they relate to business processes;
- Strong business acumen and understanding of functional linkages. Ability to interact and/or manage cross-functional teams (Operations/Finance) to assist in the creation of integrated system requirements and provide all departments with control expertise;
- Strong commitment to quality and consistency of work, and continuously seek opportunities for improvements
- Strong ability to navigate through challenges, multiple tasks, take ownership, deliver on commitment
- Effectively and independently lead team for success
- Convey information, thoughts, and opinion in a persuasive manner
- Ability to determine sufficiency of work and determine reasonableness of conclusion reached
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills in English, excellent soft-skills, and ability to motivate and influence all levels of management;
- Excellent MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), with Oracle skills a plus;
- Background in a digital payment processing business or similar industry is highly desirable.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.