About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to play a pivotal role in growing our Australian business! This is a rare opportunity for people who are excited about joining a fast-paced start-up and building something great! We’re looking for hustle, smarts, and deep market knowledge to enable us to best serve our consumers, Dashers, and merchants. Join our never-ending pursuit to better power economies in Australia and across the globe!
DoorDash is looking for a data-first operator to join the team as a Strategy & Operations Senior Associate!
New Verticals is a new, lean team at DoorDash. We’re building and scaling new ways to delight our customers, leveraging the DoorDash platform.
About the Role
On a typical day, you may synthesise insights from merchant partners, guide new product strategy, build tools that allow teams to increase their work 10x, run and refine experiments to improve operations, dive into data to explain performance at the lowest level of detail, and make sure we never stop growing and performing. If you have a bias towards action, enjoy moving fast, and have demonstrated success in using operational excellence to drive business impact, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do
- Build. You’ll have your fingerprints all over DoorDash’s next big business. You’ll do whatever it takes to launch, get 1% better every day, and scale something completely new. This means everything from high-level strategy to nitty-gritty operational details.
- Strategise. From first principles, you’ll develop the optimal strategy for best serving our customers.
- Analyse. You’ll assess the operational and financial impacts of your decisions, and iterate based on data.
- Lead and collaborate. You’ll work with a cross-functional team, including engineering, product, design, operations, finance, and marketing to build this new line of business for DoorDash.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you…
You are excited about being an operator in one of DoorDash’s fastest growing businesses and thrive in fast paced environments. You always believe there’s a better way and never settle for mediocrity.
- You’re a problem solver. You like being presented with a problem and coming up with a strategic and tactical plan in innovative ways—and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team. No job is beneath you.
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments.
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL or modeling in Excel.
- You’re an owner. You want to own the outcome and make an impact on our most critical growth and profitability metrics.
- You’re entrepreneurial. You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company.
- You’re customer-obsessed. You approach problems with a first-principles perspective and inform strategy by getting close to the user.
- You’re gritty. You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful.
- 3+ years of experience of post-graduation; consulting, engineering or operations role a plus
- Expertise in operational modelling and SQL coupled with business acumen
- Familiarity with one or more analytics & visualisation tools (e.g., Chartio, Tableau)
- Bachelor’s degree required
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders. Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers. We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners. We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed. Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash. The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favourite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.