About the Team
The New Platform Products & Services team builds new capabilities that unlock new revenue opportunities adjacent to our core Drive fulfillment product. You’ll be part of a founding team to build and scale our Voice Ordering business. Voice Ordering is a white-labeled order taking service, staffed with DoorDash agents, that handles ordering calls on behalf of our merchant partners. It helps our merchants capture more orders on their voice channel, and relieves store operators of the burden of answering the phone.
About the Role
We are looking for someone to help launch and scale our Voice Ordering offering, a new high-growth business on Drive. This role reports to the Sr Manager, DoorDash Drive - Voice Ordering. On a typical day you may work with merchants, as well as sales, operations, and support teams to help drive and scale adoption of this offering with our Drive partners. This is an opportunity to join the founding team of Voice Ordering, and define the operating models and strategy for this exciting new business line.
What You’ll Do
You’ll help build and scale our Voice Ordering business. You’ll ultimately be responsible for driving adoption and retention with new partners.
- Strategize. From first principles, you’ll develop the optimal strategy for best serving and activating our merchants at scale
- Build. Execute product testing and roll-outs on the ground with merchant partners. You’ll do whatever it takes to launch, get 1% better every day, and scale something completely new. This means everything from high-level strategy to nitty-gritty operational details.
- Lead and collaborate. You’ll work cross-functionally with Sales, Product, Operations, and directly with merchants to drive adoption and merchant success.
- Drive Efficiency. Go deep on our customer journey (merchants) and drive process improvements to reduce friction points and streamline adoption
- Execute. You’ll partner with merchants and support operations to deliver audacious live store goals
- Experiment. There is no written rule-book to success here. You will get the opportunity to test and prove your ideas and bring them to life.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you…
You are excited about being an operator in one of DoorDash’s fastest growing businesses and thrive in fast paced environments. You always believe there’s a better way and never settle for mediocrity.
- You’re versatile. You embrace variety and are comfortable developing and executing a plan, analyzing operating metrics to drive insights, owning a problem and iterating on solutions, and developing a strategy to transform how we operate.
- You’re a problem solver. You like being presented with a problem and coming up with a strategic and tactical plan in innovative ways—and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re customer-obsessed. You approach problems with a first-principles perspective and inform strategy by getting close to the user.
- You’re gritty. You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful.
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring progress. No job is beneath you.
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments.
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling data and/or modeling in Excel.
- You’re an owner. You want to own the outcome and make an impact on our most critical growth metrics.
- You’re entrepreneurial. You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the business.
We’re excited about you because...
- You have 3+ years in consulting / strategy / business development / operations / technology / banking / analytics or related restaurant/customer success experience. High-growth startup or client-facing experience is a plus
- You have Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) proficiency. Familiarity with SQL and Analytics / Data Visualization tools (ex. Tableau, Chartio, Mode, etc) is a plus
- You have experience leading projects and succeeding in a scrappy, start-up environment
- You have a bias for action and enjoy working in fast-paced environments
- You seek exposure to different types of problems to solve
- You have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.