At DoorDash, we believe in the power of connections -- meaningful, authentic connections that foster a greater sense of belonging and empower our people to do their very best work. As the Employee Connections Team, we use a design thinking approach to deliver high-quality experiences for DoorDash’s 5,000+ employees worldwide, through a slate of programming that connects them to each other, our business, and their communities. From our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), to Women’s Leadership Week, to civic engagement initiatives, our goal is to bring impactful and authentic experiences to our rapidly-growing employee community. (Note: This role does not include Dashers, who are not DoorDash employees.)
The International Engagement Program Lead will be an important influencer in building out the Employee Connections offerings across our global footprint, helping to position our team as a critical and leading partner to ensure our employee populations are engaged across the company, regardless of which country or time zone they sit in. We are looking for an experienced program manager who can dream big and start small, with a proven track record of standing up high-impact employee engagement initiatives with a hyper focus on building engagement strategies for our employees working and living across the globe!
This role reports to our Manager, Employee Connections and is a part of the Global Culture & Belonging department at DoorDash, whose collective mission is to create a culture of belonging and connection to our company and each other, where every employee can do the best work of their career without muting their identities.
You’re excited about this role because you…
- Will build relationships with leaders across our international markets to ensure our global activations resonate across teams, offices, and countries to drive equitable experiences for all employees
- Have a vision for how employee driven programs can help businesses drive growth, impact our customers and make a difference in our communities
- Strategise and deliver end-to-end internal employee engagement plans and campaigns to empower our local culture champions
- Will provide strategic direction and make recommendations to our global stakeholders with best practices to evolve our existing offerings (i.e. start local culture councils, create best practices for country-specific All Hands meetings, create hyper local recognition programs etc)
- Develop internal communications processes and standards for the employee experience and serve as a key partner when planning employee engagement initiatives
- Strongly believe that a rising tide lifts all boats and when we invest in and support underrepresented employees, we all benefit and grow
- Lead by inquiry and committed to driving employee first strategies centered around design thinking
We’re excited about you because you…
- Can design global strategies to amplify your team’s impact across a geographically-dispersed employee population, while also staying close to the lowest level of detail to ensure strong execution.
- Have a proven track record managing employee engagement programs that drive culture and belonging on a global scale
- Are a community builder, collaborator, and coach who knows how to unlock the power of cross-functional partners and volunteer culture champions to drive culture across an organisation.
- Have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills - balancing the ability to make decisions quickly and independently, bringing internal partners along.
- Are a strategic planner and critical thinker who can identify problems, lead with empathy, and bring solutions to the table.
- Have a keen talent in thinking outside the room, always putting yourself in the shoes of underrepresented or underserved groups to ensure their voices are heard (e.g., frontline and hourly employees, international employees, women of all backgrounds, people of colour, LGBTQIA+ community members, parents and caregivers, people with disabilities etc.)
- Have 4+ years of experience working in a people-oriented capacity (e.g., People Team or HR), with at least 2 years in a similar employee experience or engagement role. (Non-HR candidates will be considered with relevant experience.)
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.