About the Team
On the Merchant Strategy & Operations team, our mission is to have best-in class merchant selection, build services for our merchants to grow their business, and help our partners on the platform. Our team focuses on one of the key growth drivers for the business: building out our selection strategy to establish the best selection offering of any platform.
About the Role
On the Merchant Strategy & Operations team, our mission is to have best-in class restaurant selection, build services for our merchants to grow their business, and help our partners on the platform. You'll report to the Director, Merchant Strategy & Operations. As the Senior Manager, Merchant Strategy - Selection, you'll be responsible for setting, driving and building our selection strategy on the platform to drive company growth. This includes defining our selection growth goals, growing our merchant base in every market, and scaling bets to help our cross-functional teams move faster.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build & Own - Setting the selection strategy to propel growth for the company requires a leader who will roll up their sleeves when they need to but can also create a vision for the future.
- Operate at the Lowest Level of Detail - Diving into the data, talking to customers, and obsessing over the details to make sure we delight every customer and create value for every merchant.
- Lead & Advocate - The success of this business will depend on how capable the leader is. You can advocate for their business, lead their team to success, and deliver quality results to the customer.
- Experiment - There is not a written rule-book to success here. This leader must figure out how to get from A to B and always push to improve and test new opportunities to get 1% better everyday.
- Win - Evolving one of our key growth engines across the business will not be easy. You will be comfortable with the ambiguity & embrace the challenge of having multiple paths forward and no right answer.
We're excited about you because…
- You have 4+ years of experience in startups, strategy, consulting, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience
- You have experience leading a team, growing a business, hitting goals, and succeeding in a cross-functional environment
- You have Excel experience (can perform complex functions and modeling) and basic SQL knowledge (or a willingness to learn it)
- You are a self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are excel in a fast-paced and evolving business
- You are a problem solver – You have a talent for managing complex projects, driving high-level goals into actionable plans, and enjoy implementing processes.
- You are a servant leader - You get in the trenches with your team. No task is too small for you and you believe in influencing without authority
- You are flexible - You feel comfortable simultaneously operating at the lowest level of detail and at 30,000 feet. You and high-level goals into action plans
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day. We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.