About the Role
This is an exciting time to join our ambitious and growing Accounting team! We're looking for a Director of Credits and Collections to help shape DoorDash’s collections and reconciliation process within a fast paced and quickly evolving online marketplace company.
If you’re a proactive and self-motivated accounting professional with credit and collections management experience, this might be the role for you. Strong ability to build and lead the team required, as well as the ability to interact with all levels of management and cross-functional teams.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build and lead a team as well as develop the “playbook” (collection and escalation procedures and process) ensuring the team’s success
- Advise and develop collections policies
- Set objectives for the collections team that align with the accounting department's goals and ensure team goals are met
- Effectively execute day-to-day collections activities by identifying, resolving, and mitigating account/payment delinquencies in a timely manner
- Report out daily analysis of outstanding receivables, including significantly past due accounts, with finance, accounting, and sales leadership
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including sales, finance, legal and various business owners to ensure timely customer collections
- Work cross functionally with engineering and product teams to refine and improve our accounts receivable process including providing scope, requirements design, and user acceptance testing
- Act as lead in the implementation and rollout of HighRadius
- Manage bad debt expense forecasting and assessment process
- Prepare documentation and/or analysis to support external audit requests
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned
We’re excited about you because…
- You are self-motivated and self-managed - able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically
- You possess a get-it-done mindset - able to handle diverse workload and multiple deadlines well, humble and scrappy!
- You can balance between attention to detail and swift execution
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated understanding of accounting cycles.
- You possess the ability to adapt to changing work environments
- You are a flexible team player with ability to prioritize urgent requests and effectively resolve conflicts/disputes with internal and external stakeholders
- You have managed teams globally and experience in building accounts receivable teams from scratch
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience managing the credits and collections process at a public company
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.