About the Team
U.S. businesses spend over $100 billion annually on employee meals and DoorDash is a compelling solution given our best-in-class operations, restaurant selection and geographic reach. DoorDash for Work is a standalone vertical within DoorDash, focused on building meal benefit solutions for corporate customers. DoorDash for Work leverages DoorDash’s marketplace, selection, and infrastructure, to offer a best in class corporate meal experience. As the Sr/Director of Corporate Sales and Account Management, you'll have the opportunity to build and grow our corporate sales team across the U.S., leading a large cross-functional team in our effort to build DoorDash's next billion dollar business.
About the Role
This role will lead a fast growing vertical at DoorDash. You will be directly responsible for leading and growing our team of over 100 spanning Corporate Sales, Account Management, and Customer Operations. This team is multifunctional and segmented across SMB, Mid-Sized, Enterprise and Channel sales. You will report directly to the VP of Sales and will work closely with our Sales Operations, Business Strategy, Product, Marketing, and People teams to execute on our strategic plan and revenue targets. You are a sales and business development professional, able to contribute to business level and P&L-focused conversations with C-level executives at publicly traded companies. You have experience with a complex, multi-party sales process. Finally, you enjoy building stuff; you like to experiment with new things to further develop our internal processes in ways that we may not have explored before.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Own: be directly responsible for setting the vision for the DoorDash for Work sales team. Set a course, and lead the team to achieve outcomes, OKRs, and KPIs.
- Lead: You'll recruit and lead a large cross-functional Sales team to build this line of business for DoorDash.
- Build: You'll have your fingerprints all over DoorDash's next big business. You'll use your curiosity and other skills to execute quickly, get 1% better every day, and roll out playbooks to grow our corporate accounts business. This means everything from high-level strategy to specific operational details.
- Strategize: You'll develop optimal strategies for best serving our corporate customers and make determinations as to where we should invest /allocate our resources.
- Motivate: the key input to success is our people. The chief constraint on hitting selection goals is doing so while building a high morale team.
- Collaborate: cross functional alignment will be the key to hitting goals while keeping the team motivated. Be the liaison between our teams and partners and DoorDash leadership, product, legal, sales operations, and other teams.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have…
- 12+ years of sales leadership, business development experience, with a mix of startup and larger enterprise experience
- Experience with C-level partnership negotiations
- Experience in complex enterprise sales cycles
- Experience leading and/or contributing to strategic planning cycles
- A track record of consistently achieving objectives
- You’re a builder at heart — you dream big and start small when it comes to business and people leadership and are an owner of deal strategy, job competencies, lead segmenting, and the other key pieces of infrastructure that allow your team to succeed
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity — goals will be aggressive and infrastructure shaky; in the face of uncertainty you truth seek to find problems and show a bias for action to marry those problems with solutions
- You are DoorDash first — you work well with others under the one team one fight mindset and choose optimism on solving pain points in our sales and service of top local grocers
- You’re an insightful communicator — you operate at the lowest level of detail to understand our grocer’s or operation’s problems, think outside of the room to identify the audience who most needs to help solve them, and clearly articulate in writing and verbally why these problems should be prioritized
- You’re a people expert — you have led People OKRs to help others get 1% better every day, regularly lead trainings to demonstrate what it means to be customer obsessed, and, because of your focus on culture and growth, maintain exceptional employee voice survey results
- You’re an empathetic leader — you have a track record of making room at the table for diverse perspectives; building a team that achieves the what is not enough, you accomplish the what and (not or) display our values in demonstrating the how
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.