About the Team
At DoorDash, we're redefining the future of on-demand delivery. We're building a team of experienced product leaders to define and build on our vision of connecting local consumers with local businesses in every city in the world.
We're looking for Product Managers for our Customer Experience team. The Customer Experience team's mission is to make sure every delivery is perfect -- from the time the order is placed to the consumer's final bite. We believe that a great live delivery UX, powerful automated and agent support systems, and tight customer feedback loops will ensure that our merchants, dashers and consumers always choose DoorDash to connect with the merchants in their communities.
Organization Focus Areas:
- Delivery Experience - In this role, you'll be responsible for the full delivery experience -- from the time the customer presses 'Order' to the time the food arrives hot in their hands. You'll craft the UX that shows our customers exactly what's happening at each stage of their order, you'll improve the quality of our ETAs, and you'll invent new ways of intervening if something isn't going right.
- Automated Support - In this role, you'll build the systems that allow our customers to get fast and automatic resolutions to anything that's not quite right with their order. You'll create self help user interfaces and design chatbots, making sure we can give a fast and satisfying resolution to any customer at the touch of a button.
- Agent Tools - The agent tools team builds the tools that allow our thousands of support agents to give the highest level of customer service to our customers. You'll create ways to ensure that every support interaction feels personal and hospitable, and your systems will ensure that our support team has what they need to resolve any case on the first try.
- Customer Experience Platform - The customer experience platform underpins every customer service interaction at DoorDash. In this role, you'll build out systems that allow us to handle any type of customer inquiry -- different verticals, products or geographies -- across any support channel. You'll create consistent and reliable systems to keep our experience top notch regardless of how our customers interact with us.
About the Role
You'll work closely with a dedicated team of operators, engineers, designers and analysts to push the boundaries of the customer experience for DoorDash deliveries. Because we focus on the end-to-end, you'll need to be as comfortable creating amazing UX as you are working on data-heavy backend problems. There's no one-size-fits-all solution to perfect deliveries! That's why we need a creative and innovative leader to lead the product vision and experimentation in this area.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Own the vision for how we make sure each delivery is perfect for our consumers, merchants and dashers
- Build a strong roadmap in your area focused on driving up customer satisfaction and efficiency
- Work alongside your engineering and design partners across the entire DoorDash platform -- consumer, merchant and Dasher -- to build the features that best achieve your goals
- Create direct relationships with merchants, consumers and dashers to deeply understand their perspectives and pain points as you develop your strategy
- Focus on developing and testing hypotheses and iterating rapidly as you build your perspective on how to win in this area
We're excited about you because…
- You've got experience influencing in complex orgs, and are simplifying chaos and ambiguity into a clear product vision and prioritized strategy
- You're always focused on the user, and have a keen sense for what will create delight and magic in the products you create
- You thrive in a cross-functional world where you're closely partnered and aligned with your operations, engineering, design and engineering counterparts, and you know how to keep everyone working together toward a common goal
- You've shipped creative and highly successful front and backend projects, including mobile UX as well as internal tools
- You are a clear, concise, and thorough written and oral communication skills
- You have experience analyzing and using data to inform decisions
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.