About the Team
Organization Focus Areas:
- Dasher Financial Services - Be the Dasher's financial partner through life. Starting with helping Dashers with unexpected life expenses (e.g. car needs repair) that prevent them from earning. From there help Dashers grow their personal P&L and then unlock their life goals from buying a new car to buying a house.
- Dasher Pay and Experience - Ensure that Dashers have the flexibility they need to make informed decisions on which orders to take. Do this while ensuring that Consumer orders are delivered at high quality despite varying preferences from Dashers on which orders they want to take. Pay should be fair and equitable for all Dashers.
- Dasher Growth - Make Dashing relevant and compelling to anyone. As an individual looking for flexible ways to earn, Dashing should be the most compelling value proposition. From there help applicants get on the road and get their first $1 in their pocket in minutes.
- On-a-Dash - From the time the Dasher accepts the order to the time it's delivered, help Dashers be as efficient as possible. Dashers should never wait at the store and drop-offs at the consumer should be seamless regardless of if you're delivering to a single family home or 20 story apartment complex.
- Fleet Excellence - Ensure that DoorDash has the highest quality gig fleet on the planet. Consumers should choose DoorDash because our Dasher's go above and beyond and always take care of the customer. Do this in a way where Dashers feel rewarded for delivering at high quality.
- Dashforce - Create new earnings opportunities for Dashers by enabling them to do more than one type of job. Enable Merchants to lever a massive pool of flexible labor for tasks like shopping or filling prescriptions. Dashers that choose to should have no problem working DoorDash as a primary source of income.
- Consumer Demand Shaping - Operate at the intersection of new ordering use cases for Consumers AND driving more batches. For example, giving Consumers the opportunity to pre-schedule meals that have planned routes that set the standard of Driver efficiency. Then do that again.
- Dispatch - Enable the fastest and most efficient assignments. No matter what we're delivering -- could be paper towels, groceries and hot food in the same car DoorDash should be making the best assignment decision for Consumers, Merchants, Dashers and DoorDash.
- Merchant Logistics - Be the merchant's "Chief Operating Officer in a Box" who handles the nitty gritty of running an efficient, profitable, and defect free operation so that they can focus on creating amazing food. Your success will be measured by merchant defects like missing/incorrect items, dasher wait and whether we are the merchant's operating partner of choice.
- Supply and Demand - You are ensuring the balance of the marketplace. Every order should have an available Dasher but at the same time every Dasher should be getting orders non-stop. We should be as cost efficient as possible in enabling this balance, getting the perfect amount of Dashers to the right place at the right time.
- International Logistics - Every country is fundamentally different in what Logistics needs to look like to win. From labor laws, to how merchants operate to whether deliveries are done on bikes vs. cars our logistics strategy and roadmap needs to change to deliver quality and efficiency in that market. As the intl logistics lead you will ensure that logistics in every country is built to win that country.
- DoubleDash - Own the post-checkout experience of bundling desserts, alcohol, food, drinks and paper towels onto your order. Own the #1 way Consumers will discover and enjoy new verticals at DoorDash. Drive the roadmap for an entirely new way to shop all the way to a smooth delivery from two distinct Merchants to the same
About the Role
The Dasher & Logistics teams exist to power high-quality and efficient deliveries while building the best gig platform on the planet. We have 3 commitments forever that require a team of rockstar Product Managers to solve for:
- For Dashers - we are providing financial stability and mobility for anyone on the planet. Today ~40% of adults can't cover an unexpected $400 expense. We are building the gig experience that has your back regardless of your financial situation, builds your personal P&L over time and unlocks your life goals faster.
- For Consumers - we ensure that anytime you order you are wow'd by the speed and quality of the delivery experience. Never late, no missing items, food delivered at the highest quality from a delightful Dasher. We introduce unexpected moments of delight in your shopping journey like bundling a dessert with your entree to go above and beyond what consumers expect from delivery today.
- For DoorDash - we own all the costs of fulfillment and reduce those costs by driving Dasher efficiency. We drive efficiency by ensuring that there is 0 wasted time on any order and that we are constantly shaping consumer demand in a way that unlocks more batches.
We're excited about you because…
- Track record of impact - you've been in the trenches and have a proven track record of driving significant, company-wide impact
- Bias to action and agility - you move quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment. No job is beneath you and you lead from the front.
- "Break through walls" mentality - you are always pushing the envelope of what is possible and can figure out a way to make almost anything happen. You're a playmaker.
- 2+ years of Product Management experience
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.