About the Team
The Strategy & Operations Merchandising & Discovery team owns the discovery experience and drives how consumers explore DoorDash. Our mission is to help DoorDash consumers connect with their communities and discover what’s good in their city. Specifically, our team designs and executes on key initiatives to enhance the DoorDash marketplace and drive category growth through merchandising and promotional initiatives.
About the Role
In this role, you will partner with cross functional teams to drive how consumers discover different verticals and use cases on DoorDash, oversee experiments to drive engagement in-app and on web, and collaborate with product, marketing, analytics, and category leads on cross-functional initiatives. You will partner with analytics to drive merchandising measurement strategy and metrics, dive into data to explain performance at the lowest level of detail, design high-impact initiatives, and partner closely with cross functional teams to make those a reality.
Our best Strategy & Operations team members influence without authority, act like owners, have a bias for action, and are excellent relationship-builders. In this manager role, you will be responsible for defining and operationalizing DoorDash’s merchandising strategy to drive growth.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize – Drive the merchandising strategy and be responsible for hitting traffic goals across several categories and use cases (such as Grocery, Alcohol, and DashPass, to name a few)
- Influence – Partner with Marketing, Analytics, Ads, Product, and other teams on merchandising efforts while driving cross-functional and go-to-market strategy and execution
- Problem-Solve - Shape and define the best approach to introduce new use cases and verticals to consumers and identify opportunities for product improvements to enhance the consumer in-app experience
- Analyze – Define merchandising goals for each quarter and be accountable for hitting goals; build dashboards to track progress towards goals and overall merchandising health
- Experiment – Design and execute experiments on the homepage (in app and web experiences) using data-driven insights to drive growth to new and existing verticals and use cases
We're excited about you because…
- You have 5-7 years of experience – You have a proven track record and have excelled in high-performance cultures (whether in consulting, banking, tech, operations, or related experience)
- You’re a collaborator – You are an excellent communicator and great relationship builder with cross-functional partners across all levels
- You’re a relentless operator – You’re optimistic, solutions oriented, and roll up your sleeves to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- You’re a self-starter – You have a bias towards action, are comfortable with ambiguity, and thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- You’re analytical – You let data win arguments and uncover opportunity areas, and you’re very comfortable modeling in excel or pulling your own data in SQL
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day. We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.