Associate, Alcohol Strategy & Operations
About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top talent to play a pivotal role in growing our alcohol business! This is a rare opportunity for people who are excited about joining a fast-paced start-up and driving our next wave of growth! We’re looking for hustle, smarts, and deep market knowledge; individuals who are inspired to bring their vision, passion and skills, to enable us to best serve our merchants, Dashers and consumers. Join us in our global mission to empower and grow local economies.
About the Role
Strategy & Operations Associates are the heart and soul of DoorDash. They are responsible for the development and growth of our business. As a key member of the Alcohol team, the Associate will be responsible for developing the team’s merchandising playbook. In a typical day, you might: launch a new campaign, dive into data to measure performance at the lowest level of detail, work with marketing to come up with our next big slogan, and make sure we never stop innovating and executing.
Our best Strategy & Operations Associates are motivated, analytical, data-driven problem solvers. They have exceptional project management, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills. They're individuals who are willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to make the business successful.
We're looking for the top .01% of performers who can move fast to get things done, have a natural aptitude for blending creativity and analytics to devise innovative solutions, and are excited by the idea of bringing DoorDash to the world. A strong bias for action and business intuition is necessary in order to drive the strategy for a platform product of this nature. If this sounds like you – read on!
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize – Innovate and work on unique strategies across our three-sided marketplace
- Engage – Implement scalable initiatives and best practices to provide a world-class operation
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision-making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from delivery times to the selection of merchants on the platform
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of various programs and experiments
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Product, Engineering, Merchant, Sales, Platform, BD, and Marketing teams to drive strategic initiatives and improve new market opportunities
- Operate – Figure out how to get from A to B...then actually make it happen.
- Build – Design and implement scalable initiatives to provide a world-class operation
We’re excited about you because…
- You are a self-starter – You have a bias for action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- You are a problem solver – You have a talent for synthesizing complex problems, can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans, and enjoy implementing a process
- You are naturally curious – You always look for creative ways to innovate and improve
- You are entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- You are determined – You roll up your sleeves, do whatever it takes to make things successful, and always look for ways to improve
- You are a relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- You are analytical – You use data to solve problems and inform tough business decisions, and are comfortable operating at both the 10,000 foot level and at the 10 inch level
- You are an owner – You’re always looking for opportunities to better your work product and own the outcome – both the good and the bad
- You have 2-4+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- You have a proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- You have a proven track record of project and performance management excellence
- You have advanced modelling + Excel skills; familiarity with SQL is a big plus
- You have influencing and motivational skills from working with people at all levels across a variety of job functions
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning – We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed – Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.