About the Team
As one of DoorDash's core operations teams, Customer Experience, ensures that when there are bumps in the last mile, there's always someone there to help make things right. Our team designs and operates DoorDash's large and growing global network of support centers, with the ultimate goal of delivering an outstanding customer experience as reliably as possible.
About the Role
We are looking for a Director to help our Dasher Experience teams scale to meet DoorDash's expansion, while driving a human touch for our drivers. You will have demonstrated experience in execution, and be excited to solve some of our most challenging problems.
You'll be, responsible for ensuring that a large team - including operations, product and engineering - is working together to provide a fantastic merchant experience.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Partner with teams within customer experience, and our product, engineering and tools teams to improve processes and the resulting customer experience for consumers, merchants and dashers
- Produce, dig into and use data and insights to identify opportunities to improve speed, quality, effectiveness, and customer experience
- Accomplish your recommendations from start to finish, from digging into Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and SQL to creating a budget to implementing timelines, aligning partners, testing ideas, achieving and measuring results
- Partner with support and company-level leadership to guide priority projects
We're excited about you because…
- At your core, you're creative with new solutions
- You have built teams / processes from the ground up, and want to dig into the details to operate at the lowest level of detail
- You stay oriented to the goal you're trying to achieve and act with urgency to achieve it
- You want to do right by our customers to provide a scalable, outstanding customer experience
- You have 12+ years experience in management consulting, technology, startup or a related field
- Proficient in excel (can perform complex functions) / SQL (Required)
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.