About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to play a pivotal role in building our business in Japan! This is an exciting opportunity to create something great together and be a part of a global startup changing how local economies grow. We’re looking for people with deep market knowledge who are inspired to bring their vision, passion and skills to enable us to best serve our merchants, Dashers and consumers. Join us in our global mission to empower and grow local economies.
About the Role
It’s an exciting time to join our rapidly growing Accounting team in Japan with ample development opportunities. We're looking for an Accounting Manager to build out our local accounting process and functions, including a very hands on approach with the payroll operations.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities to ensure compliance with local regulations/GAAP, U.S. GAAP, internal policies, SOX controls, and external audits
- Oversight and being accountable for the accuracy and completeness financial results of the GL functions in Japan
- Interact with external vendors and oversee the budget and manage the performance of external vendors
- Review account reconciliations on a monthly basis and prepare monthly reporting packages
- In charge of statutory audit of local financials on a as needed basis
- Work closely with internal partners, including HR and FP&A, and external stakeholders.
- Actively seeking process improvements and being a driving force in accounting related projects, including payroll
- Oversee and be the primary contact for our payroll operations. This includes running detailed payroll reports, coordinating and providing information to our outside payroll processors, reviewing the payroll output as well the recording and reconciliation of payroll
- Responsible for local and statutory payroll filings and compliance of local labor/payroll rules. Responsible for any government related payroll inquiries and audits
- Administer employee reimbursement
- Be the primary face to employees for payroll related questions.
- Staying up to date with local payroll, compliance, and accounting rules.
We’re excited about you because…
- 5+ years' of hands on accounting experience and payroll operation experience
- Detailed oriented and well versed in local payroll rules and regulations
- Self-motivated and self-managed - able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically
- Take ownership of the process
- Get-it-done mindset - you're able to handle stress well, humble and scrappy!
- Sharp business acumen and process-oriented
- Data-obsessed and unafraid to go down to the lowest level of detail for truth
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong organisational and time management skill
- CPA preferred
- Fluent in Japanese and English
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.