We're looking for data driven leaders who love delighting customers and thrive in fast-paced, ambiguous and highly operational environments.
What You'll Do...
You'll be a regionally-based manager leading the Chicago hub focusing on supporting the expansion, growth and ongoing operations of our local grocery partners in the City and the adjacent region. You will lead a team of Local Grocery Operations Partners and Specialists who meet at the intersection of conducting deep dive analyses based on data and implementing operational solutions on the ground based on these analyses. As we grow, we will build efficient and scalable processes to create a best-in-class operation.
- Process Improvement. Build scalable solutions to improve our overall business. Contribute ideas to improve our quality and customer experience. You'll do whatever it takes to delight our customers with a high-quality experience: from querying and analyzing data, to visiting merchants and implementing in-store operational initiatives.
- Build. You'll have your fingerprints all over DoorDash's next big business. You'll do whatever it takes to launch, get 1% better every day, and scale something completely new. This means everything from high-level strategy, to data analytics powered experiments to nitty-gritty operational details.
- Training and coaching. Make sure team members are set up for success and work safely and productively. Assess LGOPs and LGOS work performance and provide detailed feedback. Build an amazing work culture.
- Delight Customers and Merchants. Make sure customer's orders get delivered smoothly, communicate with customers when issues arise and make sure Dasher shop-and-deliver orders go smoothly.
We're excited about you because...
You have experience as a leader in one of these industries: consulting (implementation a plus), field operations (including military experience), logistics, fulfillment, or administrative / facilities roles. You have a passion for customer service and are ready for a new challenge. You always believe there's a better way and never settle for mediocre service or product. You are humble and professional and are excited to be a manager. This role is a great entry point into DoorDash with the opportunity for internal growth.
- You have a college degree.
- You have direct management experience or are interested in developing your skills as a leader. We will train you!
- You have an analytical mindset, the ability for structured problem-solving and are able to make data driven decisions.
- You have the operational chops to develop processes and SOPs.
- You have the ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- You're self-motivated, positive, and a team player.
- You're organized and proficient in G Suite, SQL, MS office and Tableau.
- Able to travel within the Chicago metropolitan area and willingness to travel to adjacent areas up to 20% of the time.
- Flexibility in schedule as you may be required to work any day of the week, across daily operating hours.
- You're able to be on your feet and must be able to stand/walk for up to several hours.
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.