About the Role
DoorDash’s mission is to grow and empower local economies. Through intelligent, last-mile delivery logistics and a network of engaged merchants and consumers, DoorDash brings earnings opportunities to a global fleet of Dashers seeking flexible work in the US, Canada, and Australia. Through the platform, DoorDash helps unlock financial flexibility and freedom for millions of people across the world.
To further this mission, we're looking for a customer-obsessed, hands-on, Marketing Manager. Reporting into the Senior Brand Manager on Dasher Marketing, you will help us tell the story of the DoorDash brand - and the Dashers who connect their communities through delivery - to audiences around the world. By leveraging data and insights, you’ll develop Dasher-focused strategies and campaigns to drive awareness, acquisition, exclusivity, and brand health. Together with an engaged team, you’ll work to bring Dashers to the forefront of cultural moments and celebrate their unique experiences both on and off the platform.
This role will be focused on developing marketing strategies and campaigns for New Verticals, a new lean team at DoorDash accelerating DoorDash’s convenience & grocery offering. New Verticals is building and scaling new ways to delight our customers, leveraging the DoorDash platform. You will have the opportunity to inform and influence the overall Dasher audience marketing strategy. You will work cross-functionally alongside Creative Studio, Growth Marketing, Product Marketing, and CRM teams to roll out programs that drive ongoing growth and engagement with our primary target audiences.
This is a unique opportunity to help define and shape a fast-growing, global brand for millions of prospective Dashers and engaged Dashers around the globe with the mission of “delivering good by connecting people and possibility."
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Assess marketing opportunities to identify potential campaigns and partnerships through collaboration with the Insights team, data analysis, and other sources of information available within DoorDash; you commission external data when needed
- Leverage insights to create campaigns across passion points and key customer moments (may include Entertainment, Sports, Back to School, etc.)
- Develop tactics that bring cultural relevance and cut through crowded conversations.
- Build relationships with customers and create campaigns that leverage and highlight their authentic talents and perspectives.
- Manage relationships with cross-functional teams to execute campaigns; in particular, coordinate tightly with other marketing functions, including brand strategy, social, creative and PR to ensure campaigns fit with overall DoorDash initiatives and communications timelines.
We’re excited about you because you have…
- Fluency across the marketing mix - fully understanding marketing principles and its role across the funnel
- The ability to connect with people, build relationships and empathize with the user experience.
- A strategic, business-mind; you find trends in the data and look to gather audience first insights
- A creative and collaborative inclination; you love working with a team and solving challenging problems in new ways
- An extraordinary bias for action; you’re dependable, self-motivated & ability to multi-task.
- A track record of driving and measuring business success through Marketing.
- Truly exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- 4-6+ years Brand Marketing experience, ideally within a household brand, major tech, creative agency, or media agency
- B.A. or related, relevant experience.
What You’ll Do
- Understand our Dasher Brand Health, Net Promoter, Retention, Engagement, and Acquisition Metrics to identify and execute creative solutions.
- Create innovative content strategies designed to inspire, educate and motivate Dashers to sign-up and remain active on the platform.
- Lead the next evolution of our communication strategy reaching +1M Dashers.
- Work closely with acquisition teams to optimize the media plan, CRM and Social to amplify across owned channels, and PR on bringing the story to the appropriate outlets.
- Use a data-first approach to optimize campaigns against our goals, improve retention and satisfaction, and drive results.
- Research emerging platforms and trends and stay on top of the influencer landscape to inform new strategies.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders: Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic: We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning: We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed: We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We are all DoorDash: The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.