DoorDash is hiring an experienced, business-minded Contract Manager to join our Commercial Legal team at a very exciting time for our growing business.
About the Team
The DoorDash legal team has built a reputation within the company using the supportive approach to our style of counsel. Our north star is delighting our partners and our teammates and we value growing together as a team. Most of all, we are passionate about our work and what we have built as a company, and we are always looking for opportunities to get better at what we do.
About the Role
Your work will focus on negotiating vendor and sales contracts and maintaining our team resources and templates to help the business to grow and support several programs. In addition to being and possessing, you will excel in this role if you enjoy applying technology to create efficiencies and building processes.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Negotiate and revise multiple commercial contracts and transaction documents, including non-disclosure agreements, professional services contracts, consulting agreements, construction contracts, sales contracts, terms of service, and merchant correspondence.
- Advise collaborators on contract structures, our strategy, legal issues, and company procedures.
- Work with a range of our teams, including accounting, business application, contract operations, procurement, and sales.
- Maintain our body of contract templates, playbooks, and processes.
- Support the ongoing use of our contract management systems.
- Contribute to several team programs and special projects.
We're excited about you because…
- You have experience, and are passionate about, negotiating commercial contracts, including non-disclosure agreements, master services agreements (i.e, professional services and sales), and data processing agreements.
- Have in-depth knowledge of the procurement processes.
- You enjoy teaching teammates about contract structure, legal terms, and business strategies.
- Relish the opportunity to build and implement processes..
- At least 3 years of legal experience in a similar role.
- You have a bachelor's degree.
- Prior in-house experience.
- Experience in the tech industry.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also aim to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.