About the Team
The Real Estate and Construction Management team is an essential part of the DoorDash Workplace team. We manage the first phase in delivering outstanding office and industrial space to support the diverse and growing DoorDash needs. We build offices that are inclusive, inspirational, functional, and industrial spaces that are efficient. We want to remove any friction in the physical space that prevents our employees from doing the very best work of their careers.
You'll be an important part of a team that helps prepare DoorDash for where it is going, and enables the continued growth of our platform.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Construction Project Management Lead to report to the Manager of Construction and Project Management. You will support the rapid scaling of our DashMart, Kitchens, and Corporate office footprints. We ask that you have the ability to work well with a diverse range of personalities and perspectives, and the desire for continuous improvement.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Become a member of the Construction Management team, to support hyper-growth across our portfolio.
- Work with project teams to manage capital and tenant improvement projects through all phases of project development including design, bidding, permitting, construction, and closeout.
- Operate at the Lowest Level of Detail, by diving into goals and fundamentals involved in each project (i.e. budget scope, schedule constraints), to resolve issues as they arise and complete each project.
- Work with a diverse team to include vendors, internal partners, and outsourced support.
- Create status reports to ensure all partners are well informed at every stage of the project.
- Manage many distinct projects simultaneously.
- Travel up to 25% to assist with project coordination.
We're excited about you because…
- Are Customer-focused with a passionate desire to offer unique solutions that accomplish their expectations.
- Start Small with a thoughtful process of analyzing data and circumstances and reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Value our One Team, One Fight mentality by partnering build our common goals.
- Have an appreciation and understanding of our mission to make sound contributions.
- Be 1% Better Everyday with your openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
- Have 5+ years of recent Construction and Project Management experience including large office TI projects (preferably in tech).
- Have a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of "Delivering Good"
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.