About the Team
On the Merchant Strategy & Operations team, our mission is to have best-in class restaurant selection, build cutting edge services for our merchants to grow their businesses, and help our partners operate flawlessly on the platform.
About the Role
On the Merchant Strategy & Operations team within the Merchant Org, our mission is to help merchants grow their businesses and operate flawlessly on the platform. As a Strategy & Operations Associate Manager, you'll be the glue between our product, analytics, and operations teams, account owners, and merchants to help drive operational improvements. You'll also be a fierce advocate for our merchants -- working directly with them to surface pain points, develop solutions, and drive go-to-market strategy for implementation.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize – Understand the needs and wants of merchants, prioritize them by impact on the business, and work to co-create solutions with Account Managers.
- Implement – Drive new DoorDash merchant initiatives and provide feedback to our product team to improve the way we do things
- Analyze – Seamlessly move between the lowest level of transactional and qualitative data to high level insights and trends; Synthesize both to drive strategy, execute, and analyze results on behalf our merchants
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Product, Operations, and Account teams to make sure merchants have the best possible experience when using DoorDash's services
We're excited about you because…
- 3 or more years of experience in consulting / strategy / business development / operations / technology / banking / restaurants / hospitality or related experience;
- high-growth or early-stage startup experience
- Experience leading projects, working in partner teams towards specific goals and succeeding
- Experience in a customer-facing or relationship management role
- You have Advanced Microsoft excel (can perform complex functions) and SQL skills
- You can motivate people at all levels across a variety of teams and levels
- You will take a data-driven approach and can translate high-level goals into relevant plans
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash...
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
- We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave, and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.