About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to play a pivotal role in building our business in Japan! This is an exciting opportunity to create something great together and be a part of a global startup changing how local economies grow. We’re looking for people with deep market knowledge who are inspired to bring their vision, passion and skills to enable us to best serve our merchants, Dashers and consumers. Join us in our global mission to empower and grow local economies.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Business Analyst to help us build and scale our sales efforts with new and existing restaurant partners.
This role will support the Enterprise organisation by uncovering strategic insights in our data, packaging recommendations into compelling presentations, and building internal tools and dashboards to grow and empower the organisation. You will dive into both internal DoorDash and merchant data to uncover new business opportunities, investigate solutions for complex problems, and support the value of a DoorDash relationship. You will work cross-functionally with the Enterprise Restaurant and CPG Partnerships teams to help us partner with these brands to become a leader in this sector.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Use SQL and Python to explore DoorDash and merchant data and uncover strategic insights and recommendations
- Conduct analysis and share data-driven insights in succinct presentations with data visualisations to showcase the results of past initiatives, diagnose issues in merchant performance, and propose the value of new endeavours.
- Design, build and evolve automated reporting and dashboards that drive strategic decisions making across the Enterprise organisation
- Develop and standardise analytic methodologies and operational metrics to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team
- Ensure data integrity by understanding and identifying opportunities to improve the back end data structure
We’re excited about you because you have…
- 3+ years of experience in a quantitative or analytics role
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Economics, Statistics, or a equivalent work experience
- Project management experience, partner management experience and very comfortable working with all levels of an organisation
- Analytical mindset with demonstrated ability to work through complex, ambiguous problems using data
- An ability to achieve expert level in:
- Scripting languages and data analysis tools such as SQL and Python
- Data analysis tools like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Presentation software like Microsoft PowerPoint or Google Slides
- Data visualisation platforms like Tableau, Chartio or PowerBI
- Strong written/verbal communications and presentation skills
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.