About the Role
DoorDash is rapidly expanding beyond the restaurant vertical into areas like Grocery and Convenience. Our vision is to bring the entire city to your fingertips on DoorDash.
As the leader for New Verticals, you will build a team that will solve some of the most challenging problems for building a global network that can deliver anything. On the Dasher side, how we make new types of jobs (shopping for groceries, filling a prescription) easy for a Dasher, ultimately creating the world’s most flexible pool of labor. On the Merchant side, how do we make it easier to understand what you have in-store ( inventory), and even what you should carry ( replenishment). You will work closely with an existing Consumer team that works on the shopping experience.
If you are successful, over the next few years you will have taken DoorDash from a restaurant-focused product to a service that connects all forms of local commerce.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Invent the future. These problems have existed in local retail for decades. We are aspiring to develop game-changing innovations that make these businesses sustainable.
- Drive “visible from space” impact that takes DoorDash to new heights
- Manage, develop, and hire a team of all-star product managers
- Drive the product definition, strategy, and long term vision. You and your team own the roadmap.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of designers, operators, data scientists and engineers.
- Communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences - within teams, to the management team, etc.
- Report to the Head of New Verticals.
We’re excited about you because…
- Track record of impact - you’ve been in the trenches and have a proven track record of driving significant, company-wide impact
- Bias to action and agility - you move quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment. No job is beneath you and you lead from the front.
- “Break through walls” mentality - you are always pushing the envelope of what is possible and can figure out a way to make almost anything happen. You’re a playmaker.
- Clarity of thought - you can articulate a clear product vision to cross-functional partners and our leadership team.
- 4+ years of experience managing PMs
- 10+ years relevant PM experience
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.