About The Team
The Facility Operations team is tasked with maintaining facilities across the globe that enable the operators to do their best work. We are building and operating facilities that are inclusive, inspirational and at the same time safe and functional. We want to remove any and all friction in the physical space that prevents our employees from doing their very best.
About The Role
DoorDash is looking for a Facility Operations lead who will report into the Facility Operations Manager and support the growth of the New Verticals portfolio that includes DashMarts and Kitchens. In this role, you will support multi-unit facility operations in the US, Canada, Australia, and Japan. This role will coordinate facility repairs for all locations to minimize downtime, maximum productivity and provide equipment-related technical support for the field team. This role will require exceptional communication, organization, customer service and problem solving skills.
You’re Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will…
- Promptly respond to maintenance and repair request via work order system and follow up with operations and vendor to validate the work is completed to our standards
- Build and maintain landlord and property manager relationships. Coordinate R&M as necessary with property management/landlords
- Point of contact for the field organization and vendors, serves as the escalation point for facility emergencies
- Proactively plan and coordinate with vendors for emergency and incident management planning
- Represent Facility Operations during pre-construction site reviews
- Attend turnover of new facilities to validate complete asset has been handed off to the Facilities team
- Implement and execute capital projects; scope, schedule, budget (e.g. security, tech, and asset management projects)
- Provide periodic reports on maintenance and repair activities
- Add and modify preventative maintenance programs for new and existing equipment
- Maintain certificates of insurance, indemnification agreements and permits
- Develop, source and maintain vendor network for each trade and market area to ensure readiness to response and set up for new locations
- Monitor refrigerators and temperature control systems and troubleshoot issues
- Maintain and assist in the development of a database for maintenance history, assets, warranty, service manuals and reference materials for each location in the fleet
- Create and maintain references and troubleshooting guidelines
- Coordinate utility and waste/recycling set-ups
- Travel up to 40% for site inspections and to support launching new facilities
We’re excited about you because you…
- Have strong working knowledge of construction, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and refrigeration
- Able to handle emergency situations effectively and quickly to minimize business disruptions
- Strong vendor management, communication and organization skills
- 3 -5 years experience in facilities or construction management
- Facilities Management certification preferred
- Customer Obsessed with a passionate drive to take initiative, and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Think big, and Start Small with a thoughtful process of analyzing data and circumstances to solve problems and reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Value our One Team, One Fight mentality by executing on our common goals in a pleasant and energetic manner.
- Have a Bias for Action with an appreciation and understanding of our mission in order to make sound, timely contributions.
- Strive to be 1% Better Everyday with your openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
- Choose Optimism and Have a Plan, whether it's a big project or impromptu task, you are quick on your feet and happy to contribute in a helpful, organized way.
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com and check out the DashMart blog.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.