About the Team
The Data Engineering team builds and maintains database solutions used for daily/weekly/monthly reporting. By designing dashboards, reporting structures, and data warehouse architecture, the Data Engineering team serves as the foundation for DoorDash’s decision-making.
The Accounting/Revenue Operations Data Engineering team at DoorDash plays a critical role in building and maintaining the required datasets for revenue recognition, book close process as well as enabling our accounting team to derive insights from our revenue data.This team will be part of the broader Financial Intelligence Team. This role will interface with our Accounting/Revenue teams to build out scalable data pipelines as well as to automate our back office operations.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a hands-on Data Engineering Manager, to act both as a technical leader when scaling data infrastructure and working with your team. This manager will guide the greater data engineering team, analysts, accounting/revenue and DoorDash partners toward necessary structured data, reporting and insights.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Provide expertise across data warehouse architecture and infrastructure maintenance that supports an evolving set of products with data infrastructure engineering teams
- Balance both managerial and technical goals simultaneously, including 1+1's, technical mentorship, and recruitment
- Collect, process, and clean data from different sources using SQL, Python, or other scripting languages
- Work with teams to automate reporting and build a strong reporting architecture
- Own and manage a portfolio of our tools which empower analysts and data scientists across the company
- Continuously optimize ETL jobs to hit performance targets
- Build data governance with scalable processes, useful data definitions, and effective project planning
We're excited about you because...
- 7+ year of technical experience working in business intelligence, analytics, data engineering, or a similar role
- 3+ years of direct-report management, while juggling BOTH technical and managerial tasks, including 1+1's, technical mentorship, and recruitment participation
- A hands-on approach to closing gaps in technical architecture and project execution, able to code complex SQL queries, knowledge of python
- Project management of scalable data engineering architecture and review bugs with engineering teams that achieve business objectives
- Knowledge of relational databases and frameworks (Snowflake, Redshift, PostgreSQL, Git, Airflow) and big data structures
- Familiar with Jira, SDLC, and cloud technologies
- Experience using and building solutions to support various reporting and data user tools (Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Experience with data generated by proprietary software systems and industrial solutions (SFDC, Segment, etc.)
- Experience working with teams to assess their data needs
- Hands-on leader and help the team internalize best practices by example
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.