About the Team
At DoorDash, people are our most important asset. The HR Technology Team helps to manage delivery of strategic technology projects across the People Team to help DoorDash get the most out of our technology and build a world-class experience for our users. We're building our technology in and around Workday, and are looking to build the team to support and ensure continued growth. We're looking for experts to help us scale DoorDash's enormous growth. Come help shape an excellent HR Technology team at DoorDash.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Senior Manager to lead our Workday HRIS team. As the leader of our growing HRIS organization, you will guide the Product Roadmap for Workday while supporting the business in achieving their program goals. You'll manage delivery of product, team growth, and implementation of new features to fuel our growth. This role can be based in any DoorDash office and will report to the Head of HR Technology in our People organization.
This role can be based in any DoorDash office and will report to the Head of HR Technology in our People organization.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Manage our Workday solution to meet our goals and support the Workday global solution in the focus areas, HCM, Advanced Compensation, Time Tracking, Absence and Security
- Identify Workday-based solutions and implement said solutions to address our business or operational opportunities.
- Lead the daily activities of the HRIS team while developing and providing feedback to the team.
- Maintain technical knowledge by staying up-to-date on new solutions and building professional and vendor relationships.
- Provide our Workday Roadmap - including contribution to overall direction: new modules, release schedule, maintenance updates, and documentation.
- Work with our department partners including: People Operations, IT, Recruiting, Payroll, Recruiting, Compensation, Benefits and Finance
We're excited about you because…
- 8+ years of progressive functional and technical experience in HRIS/HR Technology with the last 5+ focused on Workday HCM.
- You have a BA/BS degree in quantitative or business fields, or equivalent work experience
- You have experience leading HRIS/HR Operations teams in a global organization spanning North America, EMEA, and APAC; support diverse employee populations from a system and training perspective.
- You're experienced with (and certified in some of) Advanced Compensation, Time Tracking, Absence, Talent and Performance, Learning and Security. Payroll and Benefits experience is helpful to have in this role.
- You have operational and project management experience.
- You think of Workday as a Product and design for the customer of the solution, maximizing system effectiveness and overall process efficiency
- You are comfortable and thrive in a fast-paced, continually changing team-oriented environment and able to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- You are a strong business thinker, able to use 'first principles' to solve challenging problems at their root level
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day. We are learners – Everyone here is learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.