About the Team
The Trust & Safety Manager improves the quality of DoorDash operations through investigation of safety incidents, implementation of quality measures for users, collaboration across teams, and effective people leadership. On demand food delivery has many advantages; however, it requires extremely challenging logistics to ensure DoorDash is delivering the best service to Customers, Dashers and Merchants.
Trust & Safety presents a united front to protect the experience of Customers, Dashers and Merchants while solving these logistical challenges. This team’s work helps in building relationships while protecting the DoorDash brand. We work with our internal partners to solve and reduce escalations, monitor daily quality, improve response times, and drive tool usage and efficiencies. At DoorDash we empower our teams to focus on creating an amazing experience for our community. You will join a quickly growing team that is hyper-focused on improving the quality of DoorDash operations.
About the Role
We’re hiring a Trust & Safety Manager, who will lead a team of Supervisors and Representatives to standardize and scale a multi-process, high-volume operations team. You will identify areas of opportunity while developing solutions that allow the team, Trust & Safety organization, and our partners to accelerate towards our goal of operational excellence. Your experience in people leadership, Trust & Safety, process improvement, collaboration and case management will have a foundational impact on removing barriers and better serving our community.
You will report to the Senior Manager of Trust & Safety.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead the Community Response team, which handles a variety of operational processes so we can provide high-quality support to all portions of our business
- Guide workforce management efforts and standardization to allow continued growth and stability of the team
- Develop expertise in how DoorDash processes and systems work, and how to use them to promote positive outcomes
- Oversee skill and career development of team members
- Work with the Strategy & Operations and Product teams to problem solve and build solutions that address quality issues upstream.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you…
- Have people management experience, with 3+ years of experience in operations/support operations, adjudication, or high-volume case management
- Can identify trends and apply product and operational countermeasures
- Can operate autonomously while working with cross functional partners
- Are unafraid of change – our growing team continuously takes on new workflows and responsibilities
- Are responsible and reliable – you independently track your progress towards goals, and will ask for help of communicate upwards if you run into any problems
- Are curious – you love investigating and can get to the lowest level of detail when solving a problem
- Are proficient and have knowledge of Salesforce, SQL and Google applications
- Have direct experience working in Trust & Safety, crisis management, or real world harm
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $99,000 - $129,000, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.