About the Team
We are looking for you to help scale a nascent business category i.e. Convenience and help build our business in Canada! This is an exciting opportunity to create something great together and be a part of a global company changing how local economies grow.
Convenience is a new, lean team at DoorDash Canada. We're building and scaling new ways to delight our customers, using the DoorDash platform.
About the Role
You will report to the Manager of Convenience on our New Verticals team in our Strategy & Operations organization. Strategy & Operations Associates are the heart and soul of DoorDash. In a typical day, Strategy and Operations Associates may complete a variety of tasks such as creating and performing experiments to increase growth, diving into data to explain performance at the lowest level of detail, building reports, models, and tools that allow teams to scale their work 10x. Our best S&O Associates are data-driven.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build. You'll have your fingerprints all over DoorDash's next big business. You'll get 1% better every day, and scale something completely new. This means everything from high-level strategy to minute details.
- Strategize. From first principles, you'll develop the strategy for best serving our customers.
- Analyze. You'll assess the operational and financial impacts of your decisions, and iterate based on data.
We're excited about you because…
- You'll work with many teams, including operations, finance, and marketing to build this new line of business for DoorDash.
- You're excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist "this is how it's always been done" thinking.
- You let data win arguments, and you're comfortable pulling your data in SQL or modeling in Excel (can perform complex functions).
- You act with urgency. Speed excites you. You prefer an accomplishment today to an accomplishment tomorrow.
- You have 2-3 years of experience.
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day. We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave, and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.