New Verticals is a new, lean team at DoorDash accelerating DoorDash’s convenience & grocery offering. We are building and scaling new ways to delight our customers, leveraging the DoorDash platform. Within New Verticals, the DashMart team is launching dark convenience stores throughout the country. With roughly 40 facilities operational today across the US, and an exciting growth plan in front of us, there are lots of teams involved in bringing these facilities to life. The Launch Project Management team is responsible for roadmapping, guiding, and improving this process. We’re looking for folks to join the Project Management team as an Associate to support facets of this process, improve efficiency, manage relationships, and ultimately delight our customers by bringing a wider array of convenience offerings to their doorstep, wherever that doorstep may be!
What you’ll do:
- Build processes: Drive progress on DashMart launches by ensuring that project milestones are met and work to generate creative solutions when they aren’t
- Develop relationships: Partner with third party vendors and cross functional teams to achieve design standards and ensure we’re on track
- Execute: You’ll be responsible for a variety of day to day operations:
- Verifying accurate data input internally and with cross functional teams across project management tools and business applications like Salesforce
- Owning portions of data management and input for project tracking
- Ensuring accurate purchase and accounting of thousands of dollars of equipment for each launch site by submitting procurement requests
- You’ll help us get 1% better every day: Coordinating the launch debrief process to gather input from cross functional partners and local operations- identifying areas of opportunity and developing plans to address those opportunities
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team. No job is beneath you.
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments
- You’re relentless. You do what it takes to win, no matter what.
- You have 1-5 years of experience. You’ve succeeded in high-performance cultures (whether in tech, operations, strategy, consulting, banking, or a related experience).
Preferred skills/ experience
- Experience in cross functional environments/ teams
- G-Suite (Docs, Sheets)
- Project management tools (Asana, Monday, etc)
- You have experience starting or scaling a successful startup.
- You have a demonstrated interest in logistics, on-demand services, and marketplaces.
- Experience with Smartsheets
- Experience with SQL
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.