About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to help build our Japan business from scratch. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals who are excited about building something great from the ground up. You will be one of the first Dasher Experience Specialists on the ground in our newly formed Japan operation and will be part of the broader DoorDash Strategy & Operations team.
About the Role
We're looking for a Dasher Experience Specialist (DES) to help support the local Dasher community in Japan. You will help new Independent Contractors sign up to Dash, enhance the Dasher experience, and guide operational success for the Dasher community.
As a DES, you will guide Dashers through the onboarding funnel and empowering Dashers in communities where DoorDash operates. We're looking for specialists who enjoy owning their work, move fast, and achieve their goals. You're passionate about building your personal skill set, both hard and soft skills. We want people who love being challenged and are excited by the idea of growing their responsibilities with DoorDash.
As this role also includes being one of the first team members on the ground in Japan, willingness to support and help build the DoorDash ecosystem is an essential part of this role. This could include covering our pre-launch dasher support inbounds, hiring and training additional Japanese-speaking Dasher Experience Specialists, and communicating important insights from on the ground to guide our broader strategy.
What you'll do
- Drive Sales: Activate and inspire the next generation of Dashers using a mix of online and in-person materials.
- Organise – Create and execute scheduling and inventory management for all DESs and Supply Offices. Drive process and clarity to the many workstreams the DES pod will own simultaneously
- Expand – Help recruit new DESs, and expand/pivot the scope of work the DES pod covers alongside DoorDash's growth
- Make a Difference: Change lives for the better by providing people with the freedom to earn their own incomes on their own time frames!
- Communication - people gravitate toward you because you're so sociable. You thrive in public speaking settings.
- Multitasking Extraordinaire - you can work with multiple Dashers at once, and you love improving processes to make things work smoothly.
- You pride yourself on your communication skills and have 1+ years of leadership experience
- Experience leading projects, hitting goals and succeeding in a team environment
- Extreme organization skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
- Bilingual Japanese and English speaker
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day. We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.