About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to help build our Canadian business. The S&O team blends analytics and creativity in strategy development to daily operations . We are focused on finding new ways to scale the DoorDash platform to best serve our Dashers, Merchants, and Consumers across Canada.
About the Role
Strategy and Operations Associates are the heart and soul of DoorDash. In a typical day, Strategy and Operations Associates may complete a variety of tasks such as conceiving and completing experiments to improve our efficiency or quality of platform, diving into data to explain performance at the lowest level of detail, building reports, models, and tools that allow teams to grow their work, and work side-by-side with our Engineering / Product teams to develop our future product. You will report into the General Manager on our Market Management team in our Strategy & Operations organization.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Engage – Implement scalable programs and best practices to improve key business metrics (i.e. selection, customer acquisition, quality of operations, etc.).
- Experiment – Use data to run tests on everything from traffic, delivery times, pricing, etc.
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the costs and benefits of several programs and experiments.
- Collaborate – Work with our Merchant, Marketing, Logistics, Product, Engineering, and Analytics teams to improve the achieve the market goals
We are excited about you because...
- You can translate high-level goals into relevant plans
- You can own outcomes and affect our business metrics
- You want to shape the direction of the company
- You can motivate people at all levels across a variety of responsibilities
- You back your decisions up with data and you're comfortable pulling your data in SQL or models in Excel (can write advanced macros)
- 2+ years' experience in consulting, strategy, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience
Why You'll love working at DoorDash...
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day. We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave, and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.