About the Team
As a copywriter for Japan, it'll be your job to get people excited about the brand and help them understand how our products work. You'll be part of the Japan Marketing team, reporting to Senior Audience Marketing Manager and partner closely with our design, product, marketing, and wider Japan teams to build the brand.
About the Role
We're looking for a copywriter to shape our voice in Japan and infuse it into our products and marketing communications.
As a Copywriter you'll create meaningful, emotionally-rich relationships with our consumers, Merchants and Dashers through culturally-relevant writing. This is a unique opportunity to help shape a fast-growing, global consumer brand in Japan.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be one of our founding team members in the country, and will thus directly help shape the business in Japan
- Help shape our voice
- Create and publish our voice guidelines
- Create everything from punchy headlines to long-form copy
- Write for multiple audiences and mediums (e.g. web, ads, social)
- Drive impact by creating a local relevant contents
- Inspire writing-craft throughout the entire company
- Influence and build trust around your unique point-of-view
- Roll-up sleeves and contribute wherever needed
We're excited about you because...
- You can explain complicated products and processes in simple, human ways to both businesses and consumers
- You can juggle several projects at once, collaborating with all team members
- You have an interest in working with data to make smart, hardworking creative
- You have creative flexibility—you can flex your writing and adjust your language and tone based on your audience
- You have the ability to push a brand forward with fresh, evolving, creative ideas
- You understand the Japanese market and audience - you know how to bring to life DoorDash's mission in a culturally relevant way
- 3+ years of professional experience involving the Japanese audience
- Experience writing product and marketing copy
- Numerous strong copy examples in market
- Strong detail-orientation and process-driven thinking
- Native level Japanese, fluent English
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.