About the Team
DoorDash's mission is to grow and empower local economies. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash connects people with the local businesses they care about - helping grow businesses and the communities that support those businesses.
To further this mission, DoorDash is building an outstanding Creative Department. We will be populated by diverse, eclectic talent that inspires and creates. We take risks, challenge each other, and inspire new ways of thinking. We're here to create important work that we, our partners, and the entire DoorDash community can be immensely proud of. We're here to do the best work of our lives.
About the Role
We're looking for a strategic and collaborative Director of Brand Design to guide and build the DoorDash brand expression across audiences and markets. You'll direct designers, illustrators and creators on the brand studio team and work with external agencies and cross-functional partners across the business. In this senior role, you'll work with leaders across the company to create strategic, compelling, design solutions. You'll also manage talent in the team, making sure our designers and illustrators have the support they need to do extraordinary work.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead, create, champion, protect, and evolve the DoorDash brand to be positioned among the most iconic, revered brands in the world
- Build relationships with leaders across the business and effectively influence decision making and prioritization
- Provide thought partnership to all parts of the business and make recommendations on directions to improve
- Lead the creation and development of experiences, materials and designs that are strategic, high-quality, and push the brand expression across media, audiences, and verticals
- Improve the brand in creating outstanding design solutions that up-level the brand without compromising craft
- Guide, mentor, and cultivate a team culture where curious, growing designers can grow, take ownership of and do their best work
- Help establish systems and standards that ensure creative excellence across audiences, geographies and channels
- Lead self-identified initiatives that drive the business and brand forward
- Contribute to projects hands-on and demonstrate a high bar of quality and a refined aesthetic
- Operate at a rapid pace while never compromising the craft
- Ensure quality output in everything you do and oversee
We’re excited about you because…
- 10+ years of experience in branding design; managing and leading designers and creatives
- Deep understanding and expertise in brand building at a fast-growing company and creating systems and guidelines while expanding into new geographies and markets
- Ability to move and adapt quickly in a fast-paced company environment
- Experience at studios, agencies and in-house
- Ability to forge strong, collaborative relationships with cross-functional and external partners
- Proven track record of leading, mentoring, supporting, and directing designers to make an impact
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.