About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to play a pivotal role in building our business in Australia! As a founding member of our Australia team, you will play a key role in creating something great together and be a part of a global team helping local economies grow. We’re looking for people with deep market knowledge and excellent working relationships in Australia who are inspired to bring their vision, passion and skills to make an impact in our community. Join us in our global mission to empower and grow local economies.
About the Role
DoorDash is hiring an exceptional and experienced Country Counsel for Australia to join our global legal team. You'll be the lead lawyer for the business in Australia and have a broad range of responsibilities providing legal guidance and working closely with the management team in Australia to drive strategic initiatives forward. This is an opportunity at a dynamic and fast-growing company, where you’ll work on a variety of legal issues and help to drive our success.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Support our businesses with legal advice on a broad range of operational and business matters spanning intellectual property, employment, privacy, competition, regulatory and consumer law.
- Advise, draft, and negotiate a wide range of contracts with third parties such as marketing partners, suppliers, and restaurants.
- Manage litigation and investigations that may arise from time to time.
- Instruct external law firms and external counsel as required; Synthesise input from outside counsel, your own research, and feedback from internal stakeholders to provide practical guidance applicable to the teams you advise.
- Collaborate with our legal teams in the United States HQ to ensure standardisation and alignment on legal matters.
We’re excited about you because…
- You’re able to work autonomously while exercising sound judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- You love technology and like to discuss the technical details.
- You have a proven ability to balance legal risk and business objectives.
- You have a positive attitude and high EQ. No job is too big or too small!
- Qualified to practice law in Australia.
- At least 7 years PQE of legal practice, preferably with 2+ years experience as in-house counsel at an international (tech) company.
- Able to work at incredible speed and with focus is a must for this role, you must be able to prioritise responsibilities to manage a large workload with tight timelines.
- Passionate about the legal challenges in a dynamic and fast paced international online environment.
- Proven project management skills.
- Ability to manage and obtain value from outside counsel.
- You have a self-starter mentality and results-driven team player attitude.
- You feel comfortable to act as a business partner and develop creative approaches to managing (newly arising and uncommon) legal risks and resolving disputes, taking into account the business needs and objectives.
- Familiarity with commercial and consumer law, internet laws and issues, including understanding of privacy laws and regulation.
Why you'll love working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for all participants in our three-sided marketplace
- We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission is to empower local economies. Our team members move quickly and are always learning in order to support all participants in our three-sided marketplace and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users across the marketplace.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.