About the Team
The Global Safety and Security team is responsible for advancing DoorDash through the protection of people, property, operations, brand and reputation. We manage safety and security risk and deliver value across the business through agility, technology, and a people-first approach. Our team strives to always be in front, and there for our people anytime, anywhere.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Security Technology Associate Project Manager to evaluate, integrate, and coordinate physical security technology and systems projects for over 100 facilities and counting around the world. The Security Technology Project Coordinator will be hands-on and directly responsible for coordinating all aspects of security builds globally, as well as the operation, maintenance, and enhancement of physical security technology and systems. In addition to working with a variety of external vendors and suppliers, the Security Technology Project Coordinator will also work closely with Real Estate, Essentials, Facilities, IT, and other internal stakeholders.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be able to embrace your inner hacker to creatively solve complex security installation and project challenges
- Evaluate and help select all physical security technology and systems for use in our different facility types and identify the standards by which they are installed.
- Have the challenge of delivering multiple simultaneous and geographically distributed projects with tight time constraints
- Get to build and coordinate world-class security systems using leading technologies
- Grow, develop and enhance your project management passions as we built out our domestic and global/international program
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technology or project management related field and 1-3 years of Project Management experience
- You have a passion for technology and coordinating/collaborating across several teams to bring a project to life
- You have strong organizational and coordinational type skills allowing you the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to completion
- You have the ability to explain complex technical problems in non-technical terms
- You have the passion to learn new things and tackle new challenges
- You have excellent customer service skills and a professional demeanor
- You are a G Suite and Slack power user
- You are able to travel as required (domestic and international) to support operations and meet training requirements
- You are flexible around work schedules and can work off-hours when necessary to complete jobs/projects
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is dedicated to growing local economies and empowering new ways of working, earning, and living. DoorDash has become the fastest-growing last-mile logistics company in the U.S., growing 250% year-over-year. DoorDash has distinguished itself by partnering with nearly 90 percent of the top 100 U.S. restaurant brands who offer on-demand delivery, expanding to over 3,300 cities across the US and Canada.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the resources, and opportunity to excel.