About the Team
At DoorDash, our customers are at the forefront of our product strategy and we deeply believe that the best customer experience is the key to our success. Behind the magic of our customer experience is our robust suite of internal tools.
For example, how do we onboard and maintain hundreds of thousands of merchants and their menus? We have a tool for that. How do we keep our customers, Dashers, and merchants happy when things go wrong? We have a tool for that. How do we track hundreds of A/B tests happening simultaneously, and feed their results back to influence our product strategy? We have a tool for that as well!
The Operation & Support Platform Design team is responsible for designing these critical tools to not only help our customers, but also directly impact the success of thousands of internal employees and agents at DoorDash.
About the Role
You're a designer who loves to dive into broad, deep, and complex problem space and someone who can create simple, elegant, and customer-centric solutions. Internal tools don't have to be boring. We're here to help build best-in-class tools that will drive operational excellence at DoorDash. You're someone who believes in that mission and is passionate about 'consumerization' of the internal tools, bringing the same level of design love, rigor, and customer-centricity that we have for other DoorDash products.
Our Design team is still in an early stage, which means we'll need your help in shaping the vision, strategy, culture, and process from the ground up as one of the founding members. If you're looking for a place where you can make a real impact on the company and customers, this is the place for you!
Check out our Design Team's Medium Blog to learn more. You will report to the Head of Operation & Support Platform Design on our Design team in our Product organization.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Practice and promote customer-centric thinking
- Own, lead and drive design problems from ideation through to execution
- Build relationships and work with cross-functional teams such as UX Research, Product Management, Engineering, Business Analytics, Operations and Marketing
- Understand business goals and challenge its requirements
- Use quantitative data and qualitative feedback to inform the design decisions iteratively
- Contextualize the holistic impact of your design in the dynamic ecosystem of the three-sided marketplace
- Create user scenarios, user journey, wireframes, UI designs and prototypes throughout the full cycle of the product development process
- Provide high-fidelity assets and specs ready for engineering
- Work with Design Infrastructure team to conform with the latest design system and contribute to its innovation
We're excited about you because…
- You have 7+ years of experience as a product/UX designer in a relevant industry
- Portfolio showcasing complex problem solving skill and high design caliber; you must provide a link to your portfolio (and password if applicable) to be considered for this role
- You are a generalist who can bring the design process end to end
- You stand up for shipping a quality product
- You are comfortable in navigating through ambiguity and complexity
- You have the itch to bring order to chaos through complex problem solving
- You are detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture
- You make a great partner with the cross-functional teams
- You are an excellent storyteller and communicator
- Fluency in the latest product design trend, tools and technology cross platform
- Prior design experience in local, commerce, and logistics industry is a big plus
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day. We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.