About the Team
At DoorDash, our customers are at the center of our product strategy and we believe that an amazing customer experience is the key to our success.
The Consumer team designs the mobile apps and website that millions of customers use every day to order meals and more from their favorite local merchants. We create the entire customer experience — onboarding, restaurant discovery, placing an order, DashPass (our subscription service), and much more — and ensure that our products are easy to use and delightful.
DoorDash is now the #1 app in the Food & Drink category, but we're expanding beyond restaurant delivery into all types of local commerce. The Consumer team will play a central role in that evolution.
Consumer Design Groups
- Shopping Experience – In this role, you’ll help make our core app experience intuitive and delightful. You’ll make it easy for customers to find their favorite restaurant or discover new product categories (like groceries, pet supplies, flowers, and more). You’ll make menu browsing fun and informative. And you’ll make sure checkout is fast, secure, and easy.
- New Modes – In this role, you’ll create new ways for restaurants and customers to connect. Today, DoorDash is best known for the ASAP delivery “mode”, but we also offer other modes: pickup, gifting, and nationwide shipping—with more to come. Each mode offers new ways for our customers to reach the restaurants in their city and beyond.
- Engagement – In this role, you’ll create products and services that improve customer engagement and retention. For example, DashPass, our subscription service, offers benefits that make ordering from DoorDash more affordable and convenient. The new features you create will reward our dedicated customers and invite new customers onto the platform.
About the Role
You'll be the design owner for one of our consumer product areas. As the owner, you'll:
- Define the Vision – You'll collaborate with your partners in product management, engineering, operations, research, and more to define the vision and roadmap for your product area.
- Design Solutions – You'll create outstanding product experiences that elegantly solve customer needs.
- Ship and Iterate – You'll regularly ship product improvements and all-new features, evaluate their effectiveness with your team, and plan follow-up initiatives.
You'll report to the Director of Consumer Product Design on our Product Design team. Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-office and some time remote.
You're excited about this opportunity because you'll…
- Contribute directly to DoorDash's consumer product strategy and define the future of our service.
- Explore complex, ambiguous problem spaces, working with your team to understand the opportunity and then chart a path forward.
- Explore and refine your design solutions through wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity visual design.
- Influence your team's approach to product development, shaping the team's culture, processes, and practices.
- Improve the lives of millions of DoorDash customers every day.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are a senior or staff-level designer with 6+ years of experience.
- You're an advocate for product quality and user-centric product development.
- You engage your teammates and proactively initiate new programs.
- You're comfortable working within complex product ecosystems.
- You're enthusiastic about collaboration and team-building.
Additional Design Team Information
- DoorDash Design website: https://doordash.design/
- DoorDash Design blog: https://medium.com/design-doordash
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.