About the Role
The Director of Compliance will report into the Vice President of Internal Audit. You'll review and audit various Corporate Compliance Programs, functioning as an independent and objective function who will evaluate compliance issues and concerns within the organization from a variety of departments within.
You'll ensure the Board of Directors, management and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, that company policies and procedures are being followed, and that behavior in the organization meets the company’s Standards of Conduct. You'll exercise your own initiative and judgment in developing methods and procedures and directing activities of the staff.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
Periodically review each of the programs in light of changes in the needs of the organization, and with respect to any changes in law and regulations. Identify potential areas of vulnerability and risk; recommend corrective action plans for resolution. Develop, facilitate and execute Enterprise Risk Management program.
- Coordinate and participate in training programs that focus on the elements of compliance and seek to ensure that all appropriate employees and management are knowledgeable of and comply with all the relevant compliance program requirements
- Review and coordinate on any violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develop and oversee a system for uniform handling of such violations.
- Provide reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Corporate Compliance Committee of the Board and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
We’re excited about you because…
- 10+ years of Quality Management and monitoring of various compliance programs, particularly within Legal and Information Security
- You can independently investigate and act on compliance-related matters, including the ability to design and coordinate internal investigations and resulting corrective actions
- You are a builder; you can navigate a highly ambiguous environment, collaborate with key stakeholders, and forge key relationships to drive results
- You identify trends related to compliance across departments to prevent repeated incidents
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.